PDA

View Full Version : Eye

CHEESE2009
07-03-2012, 04:18 PM
So last year my left eye went blind (scratched cornea), after several visits to the eye professionals, it got better - but I had to wear an eye patch for what felt like forever.

Today (without even trimming or anything) my eye messed up again. Just out of the blue.

The doctor said this might happen, but god dammit LOL. I need some eye glue...

w0283767
07-03-2012, 11:13 PM
That sucks man. How long does it bother you for? That is scary. Does doctor say it will eventually go away?

CHEESE2009
07-03-2012, 11:42 PM
That sucks man. How long does it bother you for? That is scary. Does doctor say it will eventually go away?

Foreverrrrr.

My eye is very sensitive to light. When I see a light with my left eye, it's like watching fireworks while wearing 3d glasses. It's kind of cool, but makes working and driving VERY difficult.

I tend to drive more to the right side for some reason now, nearly hitting everything LOL... God damn.

Haven't seen the doc again, and I'm kinda too lazy to be bothered right now.

Cashin H&P
07-03-2012, 11:58 PM
Man that Sucks! I think I need glasses now on the way home from the fireworks tonight I couldnt read the street signs like I used to be able too, and the other day I had a hard time seeing the menu at the Dunkin Doughnits Drive Thru

CHEESE2009
07-04-2012, 09:39 AM
I have a feeling a lot of sunlight can cause hazy/blurred vision. Since the day I started, my eyes have gotten worse.

Anyone else feel the same? Could be something to look into.

Eye sunburn LOL.

Cashin H&P
07-04-2012, 10:22 AM
I have a feeling a lot of sunlight can cause hazy/blurred vision. Since the day I started, my eyes have gotten worse.

Eye sunburn LOL.

Thats not a bad theroy cheese you might be on to something

dpld
07-04-2012, 12:22 PM

Eye sunburn LOL.

i agree, and i myself been having issues for about 10 years now and at 46 i am sure age has a lot to do with it but bright lights or flashes like from welding can take part of the vision in one eye to next to nothing almost like a fogged up window in a car.
then all of a sudden after a day, two days, whatever it goes away as fast as it came.
i also get brutal headaches from the sun and being around the equipment my whole life even wearing hearing protection i have a high sensitivity to noise where it can slightly disorient me.

there are a lot of hazzards in this industry that people don't even consider like even in wet conditions the constant dust bowl of particles you are breathing all day from the mowers and blowers and string trimmers.

i am at the point now where i walk around all day while i work with a dust mask and sunglasses looking like a asian avoiding the bird flu, and it helps big time.

Steve
07-04-2012, 04:38 PM
Scott, do you wear sunglasses or any kind of safety glasses during the day? Do they help at all?

CHEESE2009
07-05-2012, 12:14 AM
Scott, do you wear sunglasses or any kind of safety glasses during the day? Do they help at all?

Untinted glasses cause too much glare for me, and tinted glasses are difficult for me to see out of, even if tinted slightly.

I could wear safety goggles, but I'd need a new pair every few lawns LOL. They get so scratched up I can barely see what i'm doing.

-

Even with prescription glasses (that I broke), I can't drive properly because I'm used to having crappy vision... weird.

WeekendWarriorLawn
07-05-2012, 02:17 AM
time to frickin become a cyborg and be done with that troublesome eye.

The Cleaning Doctor
07-05-2012, 01:58 PM
I live in Montana where we get a lot of sun seems like all the time. I do not go out without my sunglasses but not regular sunglasses, I use the polarized sun glasses that you can get in the fishing section at Wally World for about $12. These are the absolutely best sunglasses I have ever had and have been using them for 3 years now. They fit closely around the eyes and I have used them while trimming and they work well. They are the wrap around kind with a blus mirrored tint. You just have to clean the grass off every once in a while.

My eyes have gotten a little better since I have started using them and I wear them year round. Some may think that is funny but the glare off the snow is amazing and these cut that down.

My eyes have always watered a lot when out in the sun but now with these glasses on. Protect your eyes, you can not get a new one.

xandrew245x
07-16-2012, 02:53 PM
Believe it or not, eye sunburn does exist. My parents own a Septic company, and we service a few special systems that have UV lights in them. We cleaned about 4 uv lights that day. The next day my dads eyes were bright red and he said it felt like he had sand in them, he went to the eye doctor and they said his eyes were sunburnt, I never heard of such a thing before, but it does exist!

bruces
08-19-2012, 12:48 PM
Cheese - if your that miserable with your eye ,then get a pickle fork and remove it .