PDA

View Full Version : Bidding on commercial properties

GrassBlaster
07-03-2012, 03:40 PM
Trying to get my business up and going, so I started making some calls today to some apartment complexes. Left messages with two and the third told me that they are not accepting bids at this time. Am I a little early in trying to get these types of accounts? I want to go after the commercial side of the business first, then fill in with residential properties. I will however be chasing after the fall cleanups on the residential side when the leaves start dropping.

Steve
07-03-2012, 04:26 PM
I don't think it is ever too early to call up, get your name placed on their bid list and then find when they accept bids so you can get your bid in on time.

SECTLANDSCAPING
07-03-2012, 05:52 PM
Its not to early. In feb I was quoting snow removal jobs for 2013.

The problem is the unsolicited calls. Your rarely going to talk to the person that makes the decision and most business find it unacceptable.

FentonC
07-03-2012, 10:38 PM
what is the typical month that apartments buildings, stores and other facilities open the bidding? I also want to get into the commercial side for lawn care and snow plowing.

SECTLANDSCAPING
07-03-2012, 11:18 PM
what is the typical month that apartments buildings, stores and other facilities open the bidding? I also want to get into the commercial side for lawn care and snow plowing.

Most take bids 3-6 months before the season starts. Some take bids a year in advance. These are typically big apartment buildings and large shopping malls. Any that take bids last minute arent managed correctly and I wouldnt submit a bid for them personally.

lawnmasters1
07-04-2012, 03:04 PM
What do you think is the best way to do to by in their bid list

Steve
07-04-2012, 04:49 PM
Go in and find out who is in charge, talk to them and ask to be put on it. Then you can also market to them through out the year to keep your name fresh.