PDA

View Full Version : Picture on flyer opinion

sunsetlandscaping
07-03-2012, 12:48 PM
Would you put your picture on your flyer to look more personable, amongst all the other companies that just have their name and phone number on it. Would this want to make you call them instead. I did this recently. What is your opinion on this?

brian'slawncare
07-03-2012, 02:01 PM
I have my pic on my business cards...

Steve
07-03-2012, 04:18 PM
Yes I think it is a good idea and it will help you stand out.

I did this recently.

What did you think of the results versus any marketing material you might have put out without a picture on it?

sunsetlandscaping
07-03-2012, 08:27 PM
Yes I think it is a good idea and it will help you stand out.

What did you think of the results versus any marketing material you might have put out without a picture on it?

I will let you know, I just hung some of them in some of the hardware stores around my area today. I have put ads in 2 newspapers, passed out business cards left and right, got on google and facebook, now I am in the midst of putting a one liner in the yellow pages...my phone hasn't run once since June 20th. I don't know if is because it's late in the season or because it is so dry. This sucks. However, it is my first year.

willshome
07-03-2012, 08:50 PM
This sucks. However, it is my first year.
First year is very hard. do you have a website and is your name & # on your truck? Why hardware stores people who do things them self go there. what about places like pizza, hair, nails, repair shops......

CHEESE2009
07-03-2012, 09:57 PM
You could, but you don't want to come off as a sales person lol...

When I see a photo of a person on a flyer, I think

"what a shmuck, just wants my moneyz!!!"

I have no idea why I think this, but I do. Must be my hatred against real estate workers and their stupid faces. LOL.

I say, get a website started. Have that on your ads. Have the customer wanting to search you up so they can see MORE AND MORE of what you can't fit on your ad.

Steve
07-04-2012, 04:20 PM
Remember you are going to have to pass out quite a few of them if you want to see some results. Sometimes we see a 1 - 2 % response rate from distributing flyers.

So if you went door to door with your flyers, and handed out 100, you might get 1 response.

lawnmasters1
07-05-2012, 01:17 AM
What advertising will you go to get more results

WeekendWarriorLawn
07-05-2012, 02:10 AM
What advertising will you go to get more results

what????

for best results, advertise on radio if you can afford it and your local public access channel.

PVMS
07-05-2012, 03:06 AM
In my limited experience, people want to know whats in it for them while they are deciding whether to bin your flyer, or keep it and call you, while they are soughting the mail.
They generally don't care who you are, what you look like,(physically) or whether you have a catchy business name and logo.
You are however selling yourself at quotation time. So personally I would think about having a pic on a business card.

sunsetlandscaping
07-06-2012, 08:05 AM
I have thought about putting my picture on my business card, in the future seeing how I just order 500 plain ones from vistaprint. I figure why not, insurance agents do it, real estate agents do it, people from the phone book do it. I think it adds a personable touch to your business. My theme is that I am a family owned business, seeing how my son is going to be helping me out during summers when he is out of school, when he is old enough that is . lol

WorkForMySelf
07-06-2012, 09:33 AM
Go for it but know your screwed no matter what pic you put. Too serious and it looks like the mug shot of a convicted killer. Too Happy and you look like a fruity hack. There is no in between lol

sunsetlandscaping
07-06-2012, 10:46 AM
Go for it but know your screwed no matter what pic you put. Too serious and it looks like the mug shot of a convicted killer. Too Happy and you look like a fruity hack. There is no in between lol

Yeah maybe, but you don't know until you try. :)

Steve
07-06-2012, 12:12 PM
I am thinking you are going to find some very positive results from this. Keep us posted as you go.

WorkForMySelf
07-07-2012, 01:01 AM
Yeah maybe, but you don't know until you try. :)

Do a happy one and give it "the good ole college try"

sunsetlandscaping
07-11-2012, 08:43 AM
Well, I gave it the old college try, and got a call from my fliers that were up. I put 1 out only at 2 locations, and got a call within 2 days wanting mowing and brush clean up. The guy that it was great marketing. I had a picture on myself sitting with my 6 month old son in the pic, talking about how we were a family owned business. This time, I am making it tear off tabs.

Godslapper
07-11-2012, 08:52 AM
Not sure about this one. Are you hard to look at ? Or do you look good in a bikini ?

Steve
07-11-2012, 03:14 PM
Something you can do to test your flyer is, make two flyers. One with your picture and one without. Distribute the ones with your picture to one side of town and those without it to another side of town. Then see which area brings you more calls.

LawnBoy0311
07-11-2012, 05:44 PM
The only thing I can think of is the nutty real estate agents who do it. what if you put a picture on there depending on what type of demographic you mow for? For example- african american community, put a black picture. When you show up to mow, say he's your boss!

sunsetlandscaping
07-11-2012, 09:30 PM
Yes, however, marketing in an economy that's like this one...You kind of have to be unconventional in a sense. Any one can hang a flyer that specifies 10 percent off lawn mowing or senior discounts...But for someone really to catch the communities attention...I think that would be the key. To each his own I guess and to whatever works in the end and helps get you work, to provide for you family.