PDA

View Full Version : Annoying Customer

usmc3391
06-29-2012, 04:19 PM
I have this older lady who is a pain in the balls. Every week its something new with her. Last week she was mad that I came friday (even though I've cut her lawn every friday) and insisted that i normally come on saturdays until she looked at her checkbook. The best is after I'm done trimming she comes out with a pair of sissors and tells me she will "just get the areas i missed" and starts cutting the grass with them. Another week she scalped her front yard with her push mower because she said i didn't cut it short enough. But all of this was fine and I can deal with it but I ask her to give me cash and now she is refusing and gives me checks to be difficult. She has given me cash about 2 times all together. She was one of my first customers I acquired so she pays $25 a week and takes 40 minutes to cut her lawn (underbid). I am thinking of calling her monday and telling her i'm raising the price if she doesn't give me cash but as of now my mowing schedule isnt filled. I should have known haha when she told me i was the 4th lawn care company shes had since last year.

PineHillLawn
06-29-2012, 04:29 PM
I have this older lady who is a pain in the balls. Every week its something new with her. Last week she was mad that I came friday (even though I've cut her lawn every friday) and insisted that i normally come on saturdays until she looked at her checkbook. The best is after I'm done trimming she comes out with a pair of sissors and tells me she will "just get the areas i missed" and starts cutting the grass with them. Another week she scalped her front yard with her push mower because she said i didn't cut it short enough. But all of this was fine and I can deal with it but I ask her to give me cash and now she is refusing and gives me checks to be difficult. She has given me cash about 2 times all together. She was one of my first customers I acquired so she pays $25 a week and takes 40 minutes to cut her lawn (underbid). I am thinking of calling her monday and telling her i'm raising the price if she doesn't give me cash but as of now my mowing schedule isnt filled. I should have known haha when she told me i was the 4th lawn care company shes had since last year.

Use a pair of scissors to cut her the "f" loose. There are way to many anal people who dont get that you are bending over for them in more ways than one!!!!

Hedgemaster
06-29-2012, 04:48 PM
Good luck with it.

I'd drop her if she doesn't want to honor the agreed upon price/payment method, but I can't tell you what to do. My own cuts are down by at least 50% due to the heat and I need every cut I can get.

willshome
06-29-2012, 08:25 PM
I would be careful talking about discounts for cash people see throw that and may report you for not paying taxes. Just do a good job and pay no mind to her.

CHEESE2009
06-30-2012, 02:12 PM
Sounds like a client I dropped.... Where do you live man? LOL

Had a client just like this, and I saw the new guy cutting her grass and I felt soooo bad for him... Hope it's not you, because my only advice for that particular client, would be to RUN and never look back!

Her last name start with an "M" ?

I never drive by her home anymore, if I do, I make sure to floor it. Crazy lady gives me nightmares.

-

Oh never mind, you live in S. Jersey. Either way, good luck! Old people are a very 'attached' and needy...

usmc3391
07-02-2012, 11:08 AM
Haha yea as soon as I can I'm dropping her not worth it...I live in new jersey cheese think im a little ways away haha.

gartslawncare
07-03-2012, 08:32 AM
We've had some difficult customers as well. Luckily, I can usually be stern with them and they back off. Those that just continue to second guess me and give me a hard time, I just don't call them back next season...I stop pursuing them. That's one of the reasons I own my own business...so I don't HAVE to deal with people I don't want to deal with.

However, all that being said, they have to be pretty bad for me to let them go. Some older people, especially widowed women, just need a little extra attention. If you can give them that, they will become some of your best customers.

CHEESE2009
07-03-2012, 09:15 AM
We've had some difficult customers as well. Luckily, I can usually be stern with them and they back off. Those that just continue to second guess me and give me a hard time, I just don't call them back next season...I stop pursuing them. That's one of the reasons I own my own business...so I don't HAVE to deal with people I don't want to deal with.

However, all that being said, they have to be pretty bad for me to let them go. Some older people, especially widowed women, just need a little extra attention. If you can give them that, they will become some of your best customers.

The worst is feeling guilty when you decide to drop them next season, but it's something that you have to do in order to stay sane.

I've got a client who doesn't follow the rules. My contract states he must hand me 3 post-dated cheques, but instead he gives me a cheque every couple of months - I let this slide, because he does pay.

Unfortunately, he always has to question the price I'm charging, and this gets annoying. He pretends he 'couldn't find the contract' so I have to tell him what he pays every time, and he acts shocked.
"Are you sure it wasn't less? Check again for me!"

I hate confrontation when the clients are just plain out WRONG or trying to get an advantage over me. Such a waste of time.

Anyway, clients like this are fantastic compared to most of mine. I have the worst clients in the world.

I have old ladies who ask if I want to relax after mowing and watch some tv with them.. like WHAT THE HELL MAN?!?!?!

Sometimes they make cookies, and I hate cookies, but I have to eat them... It's like rape in my mouth. Then they persist, offering me beverages, etc.

Lopes Lawn Care
07-03-2012, 02:08 PM
hahaha yeah I've got some customers that like me to hang out with them while i'm there to mow. Cheese, your cookies lady made me think of this lady I mow for (very old). Once she offered me a cup of iced tea (homemade). While i was going to take my first sip i noticed that the bottom of the inside of the cup was covered in nasty filth! No, not ice tea mix, filth. As i was talking to her i had to act like i was drinking it and when she turned around i poured it over the deck railing.

I have since stopped taking anything from this lady. Sucks cause she always offers me things but i just can't stomach it. hahaha

Lopes Lawn Care
07-03-2012, 02:11 PM
Another lady feels the need to stop me every 15 mins while i'm on her proberty mowing to offer me a bottle of water. She tells me to stop and take a break. This is after i've told her repeatly "thank you but i've got a cooler filled with water on the truck". I'm not looking at doubling my time at your place to chit chat and sip water.

CHEESE2009
07-03-2012, 03:15 PM
Today I had it with a client... I'm on a street packed with cars, and there is nowhere to park myself - unless I block a driveway.

Anyway, my client decides he needs me to move my truck so he can go out, so I move.

I'm waiting for him to leave so I can park again. Anyway, after waiting about five minutes he comes back outside and I shouted at him and waved my arms around, "MOVEEEEEEEEE MOVEEEEEE MOVEEEEEEEEEE, LETS GO!!!".

This is the street where I have several in a row, that I deal with that shady real-estate agent faggot.

Speaking of this real estate agent, he's trying to rip me off. I'm adding numbers together now that don't add up, and if they don't add up after I calculate them a second time (to what I'm owed), I'm dropping all three of these clients TODAY.

Every time I go there, I want to tell all of them to 'f-off'. The street is misery man.