PDA

View Full Version : New from Iowa

GrassBlaster
06-28-2012, 08:51 PM
New guy here, going to be starting up my lawn care business very soon. Its something that I have always wanted to do and decided to quit putting it off and get it done. It should go pretty well considering the time of year and the lack of rain. Wish me luck!

wat5150
06-29-2012, 05:54 AM
Good luck man!! What do you have for equipment so far?

GrassBlaster
06-29-2012, 10:39 AM
Good luck man!! What do you have for equipment so far?

So far have I have a 30" Toro walk behind, a Husqvarna blower, and a Echo 266 trimmer and edger. Thinking about buying a 50" Toro ZTR. I also have a 7 x 16 enclosed trailer. But I may sell that and use a converted pop up camper turned flat bed. And my favorite piece of equipment a 09 F150.

Steve
06-29-2012, 10:44 AM
Welcome to our forum!

What are you doing now to get your new business off the ground?

wat5150
06-29-2012, 10:52 AM
Nice. You def. have the equip to start up. Sounds good.

GrassBlaster
06-29-2012, 11:04 AM
Welcome to our forum!

What are you doing now to get your new business off the ground?

I am in the process of designing an ad for the local paper. And hopefully this weekend my brother will have time to help me get a website up and running.

Steve
07-02-2012, 11:19 AM
That is fantastic! Make sure you get the word out about your business to all your friends, family, and neighbors. Don't overlook them. They can be great to sign up as your first customers.

GrassBlaster
07-02-2012, 12:59 PM
That is fantastic! Make sure you get the word out about your business to all your friends, family, and neighbors. Don't overlook them. They can be great to sign up as your first customers.

As far as friends, family and neighbors do you recommend giving them a little bit of a discount?

Hedgemaster
07-02-2012, 06:23 PM
As far as friends, family and neighbors do you recommend giving them a little bit of a discount?

Only if you want to hate mowing their lawn every week because you're busting your hump for less than you could be getting elsewhere.

Be fair, but don't work for nothing.

By the way, mowing for any of the above people can result in "friction" down the road. You need to be aware that money changing hands between friends/family/neighbors changes things.

Steve
07-03-2012, 02:56 PM
By the way, mowing for any of the above people can result in "friction" down the road. You need to be aware that money changing hands between friends/family/neighbors changes things.

With that in mind, do you have thoughts on the best way to potentially replace them later before problems occur and your schedule starts to fill up more?