PDA

View Full Version : Need a new blower

PineHillLawn
06-26-2012, 04:13 PM
I have/had a Husqvarna 130bt blower. Bought it at Lowes several years ago and before I began my lawn business. I have used the hell out of it and just this past week couldn't get it started. Took it to my local fix it shop to have it checked out and they said it would cost more to fix than to buy a new one. So with that said I'm in the market for a good quality backpack blower that can hold up at least 2-3 years (prefer forever). I have roughy $400 to spend. What is a good one that will work long and hard and last plus, one that will blow a couple hundred MPH? I've been looking online at Echo, Stihl, Kawasaki, and Shindaiwa. Are any of these preferred by the majority here? Is there another brand that will be better for around the same price?

myblacktruck
06-26-2012, 04:25 PM
I have the Husqvarna 150 BT from Lowe's. We have had it just about a year now and knock on wood its still going strong. If I remember right it was around 300 dollars. It's 50cc I think and almost as powerful as the 60cc Echo we use too. My nephew loves using the Husqvarna over the other.My point being if it worked so well why not try another one a little bigger but less money then the other names you mentioned

PineHillLawn
06-26-2012, 04:28 PM
I have the Husqvarna 150 BT from Lowe's. We have had it just about a year now and knock on wood its still going strong. If I remember right it was around 300 dollars. It's 50cc I think and almost as powerful as the 60cc Echo we use too. My nephew loves using the Husqvarna over the other.My point being if it worked so well why not try another one a little bigger but less money then the other names you mentioned

True! Just thought there might be one that would that would hold up longer than the Husky. I've looked on Ebay and Craigslist but need one quick. How do you like the Echo?

Lopes Lawn Care
06-26-2012, 04:33 PM
Last fall i picked up a Stihl br600 and i love the thing. It works great, its light and i think the strongest blower stihl makes. It was a bit pricey at around $500 but so far i've been very happy with it. I also picked up a used shindaiwa eb802 for $300 and that thing is a beast. It's about as strong as the stihl and around the same price new(maybe a little bit more) although it's quite a bit heavier.

Before those i had a echo from home depot and that thing lasted me 3yrs before i sold it and it still started right up. It just definitly lacked the power that these bigger backpacks have.

Thats my 2 cents.

PineHillLawn
06-26-2012, 04:39 PM
Last fall i picked up a Stihl br600 and i love the thing. It works great, its light and i think the strongest blower stihl makes. It was a bit pricey at around $500 but so far i've been very happy with it. I also picked up a used shindaiwa eb802 for $300 and that thing is a beast. It's about as strong as the stihl and around the same price new(maybe a little bit more) although it's quite a bit heavier.

Before those i had a echo from home depot and that thing lasted me 3yrs before i sold it and it still started right up. It just definitly lacked the power that these bigger backpacks have.

Thats my 2 cents.

Cool, Thanks!!!!

Hedgemaster
06-26-2012, 08:39 PM
Here's what I bought last fall.

Echo PB 770T (http://www.gopherforum.com/showthread.php?t=14973&highlight=echo+backpack)

They run $500, but my dealer gave it to me for (I think) $435.

I recently had issues with it bogging down, but that seems to have resolved itself.

Very impressive blower. Starts right up and the back padding/shoulder straps are great.

Shark1611
06-26-2012, 08:49 PM
I have/had a Husqvarna 130bt blower. Bought it at Lowes several years ago and before I began my lawn business. I have used the hell out of it and just this past week couldn't get it started. Took it to my local fix it shop to have it checked out and they said it would cost more to fix than to buy a new one. So with that said I'm in the market for a good quality backpack blower that can hold up at least 2-3 years (prefer forever). I have roughy $400 to spend. What is a good one that will work long and hard and last plus, one that will blow a couple hundred MPH? I've been looking online at Echo, Stihl, Kawasaki, and Shindaiwa. Are any of these preferred by the majority here? Is there another brand that will be better for around the same price?

REDMAX all the way. Nothing can even come close.

SECTLANDSCAPING
06-26-2012, 09:35 PM
REDMAX all the way. Nothing can even come close.

I been running used redmax and shindiawas for years.

I have a stihl that needs the muffler screen cleaned yearly.

I needed another blower so I bought a new echo and it died in a year and half. I bought a new husqavarna and returned the pos. I found a second redmax and been very happy with that.

wandfsmall
06-27-2012, 03:36 PM
I been running used redmax and shindiawas for years.

I have a stihl that needs the muffler screen cleaned yearly.

I needed another blower so I bought a new echo and it died in a year and half. I bought a new husqavarna and returned the pos. I found a second redmax and been very happy with that.

I wanted to suggest redmax but as a dealer I figured I would sound like a salesman

SECTLANDSCAPING
06-27-2012, 06:57 PM
I wanted to suggest redmax but as a dealer I figured I would sound like a salesman

You dont have to be a salesman when you have the best product.

myblacktruck
06-28-2012, 05:54 AM
True! Just thought there might be one that would that would hold up longer than the Husky. I've looked on Ebay and Craigslist but need one quick. How do you like the Echo?

I like them both the Echo is a little more powerful though. We were playing around one night blowing bricks across the driveway and the Echo would always get there first but not much faster