PDA

View Full Version : Scag Cheetah 60"

Shark1611
06-25-2012, 11:20 PM
Any of you guys using this mower? I drove one the other day and it seems like a good mower. Just now sure how well they cut.

SECTLANDSCAPING
06-26-2012, 12:08 AM
Any of you guys using this mower? I drove one the other day and it seems like a good mower. Just now sure how well they cut.

I havent used that model. Does it have the advantage deck? I ran that on a tiger cat and it had a real nice cut.

Shark1611
06-26-2012, 12:29 AM
I havent used that model. Does it have the advantage deck? I ran that on a tiger cat and it had a real nice cut.

Yes it does. I am also looking at the Scag TT. Have not kicked Exmark out yet just do some homework on these things.

shadrach
06-26-2012, 06:15 AM
Should be a velocity deck which is better than the advantage. Demoed one for two days - suspension seat is nice & the roll bar folding out of the way is nice. Cut an acre lawn that hadn't been mowed for three weeks & it did fine. Have turf tigers now, but a cheetah is the next mower that I plan on buying -just for the extra speed on a few really large properties that we do.

myblacktruck
06-26-2012, 07:08 AM
We have a 61 inch cheetah and a 61 inch tiger cat both with velocity decks. They cut great the cheetah gets the most use cause thats what I prefer to drive.

Shark1611
06-26-2012, 09:55 PM
We have a 61 inch cheetah and a 61 inch tiger cat both with velocity decks. They cut great the cheetah gets the most use cause thats what I prefer to drive.

From what I have been told the TT is a better mower on hills. A guy that had a cheetah said that it spends a lot but the tt is much better in that area. I was just about to fire the gun on the 61" Cheetah till I heard that. I have a great deal of hills in my area. Your information on this would be most helpful for me. I have an Exmark stand up that I am using and almost went to the 60" Exmark but after test riding the Scagg I seem to like the ride better.

wandfsmall
06-27-2012, 04:40 PM
From what I have been told the TT is a better mower on hills. A guy that had a cheetah said that it spends a lot but the tt is much better in that area. I was just about to fire the gun on the 61" Cheetah till I heard that. I have a great deal of hills in my area. Your information on this would be most helpful for me. I have an Exmark stand up that I am using and almost went to the 60" Exmark but after test riding the Scagg I seem to like the ride better.

I think you will find that the older style pumps and wheel motors will last longer the the integrated drive of the cheetah.

myblacktruck
06-28-2012, 06:36 AM

I've never driven the TT so I really cant give you an honest answer. I don't have to many bad hills guess I'm just lucky, but both of ours hold pretty well so far thats the best I can do for you

shadrach
06-28-2012, 07:51 AM
I like the turf tiger better on the hills. If I could only have one or the other I would go with the turf tiger - mainly because the have been around for awhile & the cheetah is a relatively new model.