PDA

View Full Version : got first contract! and 2 more coming

FentonC
06-25-2012, 07:13 PM
Today I signed my first contract with a customer! $40 a cut in a very nice neighborhood. Let size is about .25 acres and I can get my large zero turn mower in the backyard.

Also talked to 2 other potential customers. One just bought a new house and will be moving in next week after the current home owners move out. It is .6 acres so a nice sized lot. I am going over there next week to look at it and to give him a free estimate.

Also talked to a Landlord who owns 2 rentals and am going to look at those tomorrow and give them a free quote.

Get this, these are from my professional craigslist add:
http://minneapolis.craigslist.org/ram/fgs/3098968768.html

WeekendWarriorLawn
06-25-2012, 08:02 PM
isn't that ring lawn care's craigslist ad?

are these free cut and paste ads or do we have some competitive, friendly unoriginality going on out there?

always glad to hear about guys getting paid though, in any case. picked up my first landlord a few weeks back now. working on another. i think i'd rather do propertry groudnskeeping for landlords. people in my area are far too cheap as home owners.

case/point: just had a gal yesterday call us. we went to scope out her property. some very lovely landscaping, but over grown., the edging alone would have taken me 3 hours easy, if not 4. the yard would have been over an hour to mow.

anyway, i quoted her today at 150.00, with a 15 percent intro discount which would have broguht it down to 127.50. she about choked (loved that line, cant remember if sect dropped that one or not in reference to the vine cleanup)

said she had "more like 35 dollars in mind" and hung up.

meanwhile the guy across the street, who had about a quarter of her yard, i was charging 25 for full service, before he couldnt afford it any longer!

FentonC
06-25-2012, 08:17 PM
Wow, interesting customers! Where is your service area?

WorkForMySelf
06-25-2012, 09:31 PM
Today I signed my first contract with a customer! $40 a cut in a very nice neighborhood. Let size is about .25 acres and I can get my large zero turn mower in the backyard.

Also talked to 2 other potential customers. One just bought a new house and will be moving in next week after the current home owners move out. It is .6 acres so a nice sized lot. I am going over there next week to look at it and to give him a free estimate.

Also talked to a Landlord who owns 2 rentals and am going to look at those tomorrow and give them a free quote.

Get this, these are from my professional craigslist add:
http://minneapolis.craigslist.org/ram/fgs/3098968768.html

how do you buy a zero turn before getting a single customer?? lol

FentonC
06-25-2012, 09:57 PM
Got money, bought a used 52" Great Dane Surfer 2006 model with 245 hours on it for $3000 from a trusted source. Is in great shape

Apex Lawn & Landscape
06-25-2012, 10:06 PM
I bought my ZTR before I had a " single " customer.....Maybe thats how I got so many now!!? Good for you Fenton

ringahding1
06-25-2012, 10:11 PM
I told ya man...Hurry up & Wait! IT will come...Congrats! Grow slow and steady....

WorkForMySelf
06-25-2012, 10:12 PM
Thats great but doesnt it feel odd to load up a bunch of gear and a zero turn... drive 20 min... mow 15 min and then drive home 20 min :D

Apex Lawn & Landscape
06-25-2012, 10:16 PM
Thats the name of the game when your just starting out! Ambition and determination are half the battle....and besides... loading up a bunch of gear and a zero turn... drive 20 min... mow 15 min and then drive home 20 minutes is a benefit of ....(Wait for it Wait for it ) ""WorkingForMyself""

WeekendWarriorLawn
06-25-2012, 10:54 PM
in the neighborhood of one of my clients, there is a crew that shows up with a ZTR. i get more people approaching me though than i see approaching them. me and my uniformed crew with a weed whacker & push mower.

if i had a ZTR i'd use it, but only for jobs requiring it. however, if it helps you look the part than i would roll it out all week long if thats what it took to turn heads!

i like how workformyself essentially put it: the work of loading and unloading the equipment isn't work, just a part of working for yourself!

get paid out there, man!

Steve
06-26-2012, 11:41 AM
Today I signed my first contract with a customer!

Congratulations on that! That is big news! Do you have more upcoming plans now to implement your continued growth?

ringahding1
06-28-2012, 10:33 PM
how do you buy a zero turn before getting a single customer?? lol

Everybody has either similar or different beginnings. I actually purchased a DOG, JD MOWER & a 54" Big Screen T.V(still have it) all for $800...That is when the dream started....fast forward 10 years later...WE HERE! That is how you do it! L ~ O ~ L ~

Enjoi829
10-17-2012, 02:21 PM
Everybody has either similar or different beginnings. I actually purchased a DOG, JD MOWER & a 54" Big Screen T.V(still have it) all for $800...That is when the dream started....fast forward 10 years later...WE HERE! That is how you do it! L ~ O ~ L ~

Thats the funniest thing ive seen on this site lol major props to you

LawnBoy0311
10-17-2012, 06:20 PM
isn't that ring lawn care's craigslist ad?

are these free cut and paste ads or do we have some competitive, friendly unoriginality going on out there?

always glad to hear about guys getting paid though, in any case. picked up my first landlord a few weeks back now. working on another. i think i'd rather do propertry groudnskeeping for landlords. people in my area are far too cheap as home owners.

case/point: just had a gal yesterday call us. we went to scope out her property. some very lovely landscaping, but over grown., the edging alone would have taken me 3 hours easy, if not 4. the yard would have been over an hour to mow.

anyway, i quoted her today at 150.00, with a 15 percent intro discount which would have broguht it down to 127.50. she about choked (loved that line, cant remember if sect dropped that one or not in reference to the vine cleanup)

said she had "more like 35 dollars in mind" and hung up.

meanwhile the guy across the street, who had about a quarter of her yard, i was charging 25 for full service, before he couldnt afford it any longer!

I miss you buddy. Please come back.