PDA

View Full Version : Trailer Workbench!

SouthallMowing
06-24-2012, 08:21 AM
In the last two weeks, on our off days, we've been building all kinds of stuff in the trailer and garage. For $85.73 we made a custom workbench for the trailer. Complete with a locking storage area for gas and sticky finger attractions. Then got our $1 yard sale electric reel and made that our mobile electric hub. Then the wire basket is our trash basket. Don't pay attention to the huge mess, we weren't done cleaning up. Then below that picture are two pictures of the exterior of our outfit this year. The magnets were just there, we don't use them right now. I'm going to get a magnet that matched the red paint, and have it go down the whole side of the bed on both sides.

Sprinkler Buddy
06-24-2012, 08:42 AM
Great use of the space. Don't forget to bolt down that tool box.

wandfsmall
06-24-2012, 12:50 PM
how are you powering the trailer, a generator?

I would suggest putting vinyl on the windows of your truck and trailer so that you look more professional when they see your truck. From a customers standpoint a magnet looks like someone that is temporary.

SouthallMowing
06-24-2012, 07:06 PM
Sprinker, I know I need to, but, it's so heavy it stays when I'm just doing city driving.

wandfsmall, I use a normal 120v outlet. I part the trailer next to my garage, so I just use extension cord whenever I'm in it. And the truck and trailer are my dad's. I'm 18. He doesn't want vinyl on either thing. So I'm planning on getting a magnet that is cut to the whole side of the bed of the truck, slapping a red background (so you can't really tell its temporary) and then do graphics in that manor. It's more expensive, but keeps the value of the truck and trailer better when trying to sell it, so I don't have permanent letters faded in the paint and such.

Cashin H&P
06-24-2012, 08:25 PM
Sprinker, I know I need to, but, it's so heavy it stays when I'm just doing city driving.

wandfsmall, I use a normal 120v outlet. I part the trailer next to my garage, so I just use extension cord whenever I'm in it. And the truck and trailer are my dad's. I'm 18. He doesn't want vinyl on either thing. So I'm planning on getting a magnet that is cut to the whole side of the bed of the truck, slapping a red background (so you can't really tell its temporary) and then do graphics in that manor. It's more expensive, but keeps the value of the truck and trailer better when trying to sell it, so I don't have permanent letters faded in the paint and such.

I gotta say not having your truck letterd must be nice when your not working. I drove my sisters car the other and and it was amazing to drive and not have to worry about my music being too loud haha. How does that dodge tow the enclosed trailer?

SouthallMowing
06-24-2012, 09:28 PM
Yeah, when I have magenets or any markings, can't do anything dumb. Another guy on the squad has a contracting business, and him and I always get calls for "speeding though town with lights and sirens" when we have markings on. But it gets us business! and it tows it great. You can tell it's there, but it doesn't have a hard time.

Bobinma54
08-04-2012, 06:48 AM
In the last two weeks, on our off days, we've been building all kinds of stuff in the trailer and garage. For $85.73 we made a custom workbench for the trailer. Complete with a locking storage area for gas and sticky finger attractions. Then got our $1 yard sale electric reel and made that our mobile electric hub. Then the wire basket is our trash basket. Don't pay attention to the huge mess, we weren't done cleaning up. Then below that picture are two pictures of the exterior of our outfit this year. The magnets were just there, we don't use them right now. I'm going to get a magnet that matched the red paint, and have it go down the whole side of the bed on both sides.

The bench inside of my trailer has a 2" lip on the edge of the work surface to help keep things on the bench when moving and no legs so the front of my mower can use the space under the bench. The stuff on the bench was just thrown up there after picking up but has its own space on the trailer like the saws and blower.

Steve
08-06-2012, 11:32 AM
That is a nice setup! How do you like the v-nose front end versus the regular flat front?

DeMenkey
08-06-2012, 11:31 PM
Nice setup, impressed.

Bobinma54
08-07-2012, 05:46 AM
That is a nice setup! How do you like the v-nose front end versus the regular flat front?

I like the v-nose because I have some of the tongue space which is like bonus space that I wouldn't have with the flat nose. Also, on the highway its seems to pull nicer.

Caskey Lawns & Landscapes
08-07-2012, 06:17 AM
Good job...Looks very nice...Good luck to ya....