PDA

View Full Version : what is everyones Rates for weed and overgrowth removal ??

FTGUlawncare
06-23-2012, 07:12 PM
This is my first year in business , and so far im doing good with pricing The basics , mowing,bush trimming cleans ups ect. ...i dont know if im pricing correctly ... i get a SQ ft and figure my hourly rate then add more depending on how much overgrowth .....

today i went and priced a job i figured it would take me about 2 hrs ..quoted him $100 it ended up taking me about an hour and 25 min to do

can you guys give me an idea how you quote Clean up jobs , over grown weed trees , weeds ect ...

Thanks

Jeremy

Hedgemaster
06-23-2012, 08:08 PM
Dude. We should be asking YOU!

Your first year and you completed it in LESS time than you estimated?

You're a rock star! :D

FTGUlawncare
06-23-2012, 10:14 PM
Dude. We should be asking YOU!

Your first year and you completed it in LESS time than you estimated?

You're a rock star! :D

I busted my *** maybe even worked to hard LOL the guy even said WOW you got that done fast ......

just curious as to how you guys price it ?

Steve
06-25-2012, 11:53 AM
I would think the rate of $50 an hour would be good pretty much anywhere.

Good job on that bid.

stevef1201
06-25-2012, 12:13 PM
I charge as much as I can get, then try to add another 10 percent. Not rich yet, but not poor either

SECTLANDSCAPING
06-25-2012, 12:29 PM
I charge as much as I can get, then try to add another 10 percent. Not rich yet, but not poor either

I do the same thing but add 15%. I figure all the cost, labor, equipment, overhead, then add profit. I dont think a lot of guys do it this way. They see 4 hours of work x's it by their rate and thats it.

Price only matters to you. The clients that shop by price should be afterthoughts.

I been bidding apartment complex for years. I started bidding it at 30k then went down to 27k, 25k. Never got it!

Eventually one of my friends started working at the property company and told me their bid was 43k. The same guys been doing it for 10 years. They have over 20 trucks and a hell of a reputation, people will pay their rate.