PDA

View Full Version : Invention

CHEESE2009
06-19-2012, 05:52 AM
So I couldn't sleep at all last night because of my active mind... anyway.

You know how clients leave their hoses on the lawn, and when you go to move them the grass beneath the hose is DEAD? :mad:

Imagine if their was a way to keep the hose elevated, so that the hose never lies against the lawn.

http://www.gopherforum.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=5273&stc=1&d=1340100228

Steve
06-19-2012, 11:52 AM
Very interesting! What got you thinking about this last night?

CHEESE2009
06-19-2012, 12:23 PM
Very interesting! What got you thinking about this last night?

Oh you know... I was sooo tired and decided to go to bed, and then my mind thought I didn't deserve to sleep - I got a full blast of questions running through my mind. Stupid brain...

We aren't going to work today because of it... When the boss is tired, everyone gets a day off. LOL

I was hoping it would rain, but obviously the forecast changed to sunny just to aggravate me.

The Cleaning Doctor
06-19-2012, 01:44 PM
Only one comment.

Their *** is so lazy now that they can not roll up the hose why would they take the time to put the stakes in the ground??? LOL

Plus they would probably trip over it...

CHEESE2009
06-19-2012, 02:13 PM
They should make biodegradable hoses, so that every time they leave it out I can mow over it and it'll turn into compost.

They should do that with kids toys too, and lawn furniture.

Sprinkler Buddy
06-19-2012, 03:04 PM
Lol, If you ever come up with something and you are seriously thinking of acting on your idea, Don't make it public knowledge before getting it in patent pending status at-least.

I know or think you were joking about this hose idea. It wouldn't surprise me if someone saw this post and acted on it and made millions off of it. Lol

I have learned a lot by going through the process and I would be happy to share my knowledge with anyone that has questions on pursuing an idea to make it a reality.

Be prepared to loose many nights of sleep! Lol

CHEESE2009
06-19-2012, 03:22 PM
Lol, If you ever come up with something and you are seriously thinking of acting on your idea, Don't make it public knowledge before getting it in patent pending status at-least.

I know or think you were joking about this hose idea. It wouldn't surprise me if someone saw this post and acted on it and made millions off of it. Lol

I have learned a lot by going through the process and I would be happy to share my knowledge with anyone that has questions on pursuing an idea to make it a reality.

Be prepared to loose many nights of sleep! Lol

It's all your fault I couldn't sleep!!! LOL

I'm trying to think of useful inventions that are related to the type of work we do.

There's already a company who goes around painting grass green lol

Sprinkler Buddy
06-19-2012, 05:06 PM
It's all your fault I couldn't sleep!!! LOL

I'm trying to think of useful inventions that are related to the type of work we do.

There's already a company who goes around painting grass green lol

Sorry! LoL

Someone is going to think of the next big thing. Might just be you! Then the real fun begins. Start saving your money now, your gonna need it when you come up with that great idea. Lol That's not a joke either! Lol

WorkForMySelf
06-19-2012, 09:46 PM
LOL, I was actually going to start a thread to see if anyone else gets pissed off when clients leave water hoses across the lawn. I have one that the hose is right by the gate to the back yard so they take it through the gate but leave large coils of it outside the gate... it make such pretty patterns of dead grass there lol

Hedgemaster
06-19-2012, 10:05 PM
LOL! I just picked up a hose yesterday that left a nice dead pattern in the lawn!

It's been bone-dry here, so people are leaving them out for flowers and such.

Apex Lawn & Landscape
06-19-2012, 10:54 PM
I pursued an idea I had last yr...long story short they want thousands of dollars and prototypes before even starting, trust me it was a great idea lol...anyway, about them hoses...I pick them up and whip them into the flower beds making sure I take out a lily or two to get the point across! I also like to take dog **** and spread it on a hosta leaf...making hosta tacos and place it on their patio table loll ahh I wish

CHEESE2009
06-20-2012, 07:06 AM
Garden hoses make me mad.

Especially when the client has the full length of it out, gotta waste time grabbing it all and throwing it into a corner. Not my job to roll it up.

Wherever I put the hose, that area doesn't get mowed.

-

One client has;

2 swingsets, a slide, a firepit, 4 lawn chairs, a hose, several toys, and a bike that I have to f' around with every time I visit.

Steve
06-20-2012, 12:02 PM
Scott,

What about a water soluable hose. Where you can use it once and then it disintegrates like this plastic in the cup of water.

https://web.tradekorea.com/upload_file/prod/marketing/mkt_files/company/s/ssplastics/img/oimg_GC00182995_CA00182997.jpg

Think about it, the homeowner would have to constantly buy new hoses from you :D

brian'slawncare
06-20-2012, 12:06 PM
One client has;

2 swingsets, a slide, a firepit, 4 lawn chairs, a hose, several toys, and a bike that I have to f' around with every time I visit.

make sure to mow a nice strip of long grass around the chairs, toys, and such (not the swing set) and in a year, they'll have a patio for it all :D

ohh...if only:mad: