PDA

View Full Version : Market for a new push mower

HPI_Savage25
06-16-2012, 04:05 PM
So my 7 year old Craftsman 22" with a Honda motor finally gave up the other day. So now I am looking for another mower.

I have a troy bilt 22" right now and it seems as soon as the bag gets about 1/2 full it gets clogged up. The old craftsman would bag 3 times as much and until it was SLAMMED PACKED! I loved it.

Requirements:
GOOD bagger! option to mulch
Self propel

I am looking to spend around $500 max. Locally I can get john deere, troy, craftsman, toro, snapper, and husquavarna.

Thanks for the help!

SECTLANDSCAPING
06-16-2012, 06:28 PM
My favorite mower yet is the HRX-217. You will have to shop to find it in your price range. I had mine for 3 years and the only problem is hard heads slamming the back tires against the ground.

I had 2 personal paces die in less then 2 years. I do have a older toro self propelled that is still running.

I have a friend that has lawnboys that are all about 10 years old and he swears by them. They stopped making these but you can find them used for about $100.

All these mulch good. I dont ever really bag so I couldnt tell you. The hondas have a option to mulch and bag at the same time. I never used that either.

Grass Doctor
06-16-2012, 08:50 PM
get a Honda grx 160cc at the box store, there o sale u wont regret they are bad ***, light weight,easy to fold, cut wet grass nice, and even overgrow grass they have two blades, good suction for bagging and they mulch nice, only problem i have found the screws in the wheels some times get loose from the vibration, o so u have to thigh them up every 2 months or when need it.

i love my Hondas :D

Hedgemaster
06-16-2012, 09:28 PM
I have a Toro Super Recycler (not the Recycler from the Box store) and I like it a lot, but it's not worth a damn for bagging if the grass is high. Weekly cut grass is fine - no problem, but if I try to bag anything that is overgrown, it clogs before the bag is a quarter full.

It's an excellent mulcher and that's what I do 99.9% of the time, so it isn't an issue - usually.

They do sell a Super Bagger which is designed for better bagging.