PDA

View Full Version : Billboard Idea

Dan3691
10-22-2007, 12:34 AM
I live on a main state route and I see billboards up but I checked into them and they are thousands of dollars. Then a light went off in my head. I can put up a 4'x8' billboard on my property with my advertising on both sides. No one can stop me it is my property and I am totally unzoned where I live. I will be the only Lawn Care business around my area with a Billboard. I can buy two of them solar outdoor lights and aim them on each side of the Billboard for night time. What do you guys think. I can set a couple 4"x6"'s in the ground and build a frame inbetween them like a picture frame and get the router out and make it really nice and landscape under it. Do you guys think it would be worth the return on this idea

pnplawn
10-22-2007, 12:48 AM
Build it and post some photos for us to see. I think its great ideal.

FourSeasons
10-22-2007, 12:48 AM
Wow! I think thats a great idea. I would like to do something like that but I don't live on a road with lots of traffic.

This is off the subject but I see you have up there "Affordable Lawn Service". I used to advertise with the same words. I had it on the door of my truck, flyers, and in my ads in the paper. I noticed a lot of customers that called me were expecting a nice low rate.
Its important to have cash flow at first to keep your business going just like team gopher says.
But I think its better to build your business off of Quality Service and Quality Customers and not affordable prices. Affordable Prices advertising seems to come with pain in the a$$, picky, cheap customers. After I realized that I hated it and took it out of my ads and off the truck. And I still have alot of business.

Anyways great Idea!

Steve
10-22-2007, 01:44 AM
Quote[/b] ]This is off the subject but I see you have up there "Affordable Lawn Service". I used to advertise with the same words. I had it on the door of my truck, flyers, and in my ads in the paper. I noticed a lot of customers that called me were expecting a nice low rate.
Its important to have cash flow at first to keep your business going just like team gopher says.
But I think its better to build your business off of Quality Service and Quality Customers and not affordable prices. Affordable Prices advertising seems to come with pain in the a$$, picky, cheap customers. After I realized that I hated it and took it out of my ads and off the truck. And I still have alot of business.

Absolutely! In fact I have seen many many lawn care businesses start with this name.

It does attract tire kickers but it is a way to start. If you find this becomes a problem for you Dan, change the name and move forwards.

As far as the billboard goes I give you a big YES!!! GO GO GO

Do this and take pics!

If any local officials come to tell you to take it down. Buy and old beater truck and put the signs on the truck. They can't make you take it off your truck ;)

Keep us posted!