PDA

View Full Version : Gator blade issue

Lopes Lawn Care
06-12-2012, 11:11 PM
So this year I decided to try out these gator blades. I've been noticing that on my turns and sometimes just going around the perimeter of the property i'm leaving a tiny strip of uncut grass. It's generally on the left hand side.

The only thing different about my mower this year is the blades so i'm wondering if anyone else has ever encountered this problem?

I'm running a 52" toro from like 1988 by the way. haha. Great mower though. :D

wandfsmall
06-13-2012, 07:29 AM
So this year I decided to try out these gator blades. I've been noticing that on my turns and sometimes just going around the perimeter of the property i'm leaving a tiny strip of uncut grass. It's generally on the left hand side.

The only thing different about my mower this year is the blades so i'm wondering if anyone else has ever encountered this problem?

I'm running a 52" toro from like 1988 by the way. haha. Great mower though. :D

Has the problem with the blades been since you first put them on?

Have you tried cleaning the deck?

Have you hit anything with the blade on the left side?

Are they Oregon Gator Blades or a knock off of them?

What model of tractor do you have?

Lopes Lawn Care
06-13-2012, 09:21 AM
Yep it's been a problem since I put them on, a pretty annoying one at that. Doesn't seem to do it when i'm going in a straight line though. They are the oregon ones and I clean my deck/sharpen my blades weekly. I've even changed the blades around incase it was something with that one particular blade. Still no change. I have hit things here and there but nothing that would warrant any significant damage nor did I notice anything while sharpening them.

I run a 52" toro walk-behind. It's from 1988 but i've never had this problem before. The machine is in great shape, Deck is clean and the spindles seem to be in great shape still. Have no clue why it's doing this. I'm a newbie to the business so I was hoping that someone might know if i was over looking something.