PDA

View Full Version : mamba vs gator blades. inputs please

Grass Doctor
06-12-2012, 06:27 PM
i have never use either, since i dint have a ztr now now i do so this is the dilemma, which one to choose any input about this, subject.

any user of mulching blades.

wat5150
06-12-2012, 06:32 PM
Im using the Gator blades now. I think Ill just go back to my stock blades when I change out. They still can clump up and dont keep an edge worth crap.

Grass Doctor
06-12-2012, 06:42 PM
the pros in YouTube said this was, one of the cons, but they also said u have to sharpen the blades every 30 to 40 hours if you do commercial and level them.

thanks.

wat5150
06-12-2012, 06:54 PM
I think sharpening every 30 or so hours is a pain in the ***. I think stock blades work just as well IMO.

Island Lawn Care
06-12-2012, 09:47 PM
Funny i just started a thread about something like this a few weeks ago. i got gator blades and LOVE THEM! they saved me tons of time allready and paid themselves off. i used to have stock Combonation bagger/mulch blades on... and they REALLY STANK!....i sharpened them them then mowed just a few lawns (4 HOURS ISH) and they were mostly dull allready! im goin on about 20 hours now and they are still pretty good. they even still have the paint on the edge!!! so....... edge/sharp/Blade hardness wise.....they make me happy! i also know they do a really good mulch job fer shure. i stopped bagging and now i dont take eight million trips to the dump sites out around the properties which cost me ALOT of time on big lawns. but with the gator blades, a few hours after mowing with slight breeze, you cant even tell it was side discharged on a weekly mow

make me look good........save me time.....and time is money!

I VOTE GATOR!

and Yes...sharpening your blades is a pain in the A$$.....but i can see,feel and hear the difference of nice sharp blades on both tractor and walker. i take pride in my internal combustion clorophyll stock cutting apparatus's high performance.

that is my 2 cents....ha ha

jrayb39667
06-12-2012, 10:39 PM
I tried the gator blades and they were "ok" they were better than stock blades. My dealer got me to try XHT blades and I can say that i'm extremely happy with the amount of time and beating the blade takes compared to the gator and especially the stock blades.

krzys666
06-12-2012, 10:54 PM
i have 2 crews with 6 people each.
most of our houses are 2 acre to 4 acres. the smallest houses we service are 1/2 acre each. the largest is 10 acres. we do only residential no commercial.
we run only large machines 48 to 72, no 21 inch mowers.

we run from 8 am to 6 pm due to noise restriction laws we can't run the machines any longer.
i have 6 extra sets of blades for each machine they all are gator blades, mowers have mulch kits.

we switch blades every day at the end of the day to a sharpened set.
all blades are sharpened on saterday

we have 14 large machines but only 10 are used daily.
sharpening is a pain but it is necessary.

wandfsmall
06-13-2012, 07:01 AM
I tried the gator blades and they were "ok" they were better than stock blades. My dealer got me to try XHT blades and I can say that i'm extremely happy with the amount of time and beating the blade takes compared to the gator and especially the stock blades.

Wow I have never heard anything good about the XHT blades compared to Oregon blades. Other then XHT blades are CHEAP to buy.