PDA

View Full Version : LCO Pleads Guilty in Immigration Bust

Steve
10-17-2007, 02:26 PM
Wow! That's quite a bit of cash he is going to have to fork over! It doesn't seem worth it.

Owner Pleads Guilty in Immigration Bust (http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/ap/fn/5222165.html) - A Grand Island lawn care company owner has pleaded guilty to harboring illegal immigrants and manipulating financial transactions to avoid reporting them.

According to the criminal complaint, Wortman told federal officials that the company's gross sales in 2005 were more than $1.5 million.

Under his plea agreement, Wortman agreed to forfeit the $440,000, not only for the unreported transactions, but also to pay $200,000 to the Labor Department to settle claims of unpaid overtime.

pnplawn
10-17-2007, 03:11 PM
hrmm. hrmm . hrmm Now that should be a wakeup call too all LCO, Dont get greedy and not pay taxs and hire the right employes. I also read he is going to spend 30 months in prison and give them $440,000 dollars! Is it really worth it folks?

Steve
10-17-2007, 05:11 PM
Yikes!

S.P.Martin Lawn Care
10-17-2007, 08:20 PM
Serves him right. No sympathy from this quarter.

I wonder what will happen to the OT money owed to the illegals. They can't leave the country w/o declaring anything over $10K. Then Uncle Sam will step in and want all his money owed like taxes, SS, and so on. So it will all likely never leave the country.

I, for one, don't have a problem with that.