PDA

View Full Version : awards and such?

DeMenkey
06-11-2012, 01:03 PM
Okay, I don't got 1000's of dollars to get membership to this site, than to that site, than to do this and that. But I do wanna get some awards/membership logo's to throw up on my site, where would I go about to get some cheap to free? National or Georgia area? Thanks.

Steve
06-12-2012, 02:59 PM
LOL you could always make something up :)

DeMenkey
06-12-2012, 10:24 PM
Well, what I mean is that EVERY single site I've been to, to become a member, which there are 1000's of no name site that mean nothing) offer membership dues for all 250 bucks. I mean really? I can see PLANT and stuff like that I'll pay no problem. But what about the no name ones. Or how about sites that offer online schooling/tests that are free that you can take, theres abunch for other careers that are sorta well known too.

Hedgemaster
06-12-2012, 11:08 PM
Pardon my bluntness, but what the hell are you talking about anyway?

What "award" or "membership" are you looking to showcase?
As a potential client I wouldn't know what it meant anyway. I may be impressed if you showed a BBB logo, or that you were "A rated" on Angies List, but otherwise, what lawn industry "award" would the general public be "wowed" by?

I'm confused.

Apex Lawn & Landscape
06-12-2012, 11:12 PM
I'm lost bro... Your looking for something for your website that shows your accredited? Like the BBB better business bureau logo?

wandfsmall
06-13-2012, 05:59 AM
I'm lost bro... Your looking for something for your website that shows your accredited? Like the BBB better business bureau logo?

The BBB lost a lot of respect when they got caught selling ratings. And as steve suggested you would be shocked at how many sites have awards that are just made up.

DeMenkey
06-13-2012, 09:35 AM
No, I got the BBB down in Florida, I'm just talking to them right now to transfar it to Georgia. :-/

But I'm saying, like you know when you go to school or take a test, they give you an award or some crap showing you know it. Like, I'm apart of the Georgia WorkReady and about to do it for my company and only hire staff that has them...

696 Signs
06-13-2012, 02:25 PM
The BBB lost a lot of respect when they got caught selling ratings. And as steve suggested you would be shocked at how many sites have awards that are just made up.

This is very true! But most people dont realize a lot of the "real" ones are not "realy" awarded.
(we make awards, among other things)
Large companies like GM, FORD, Microsoft, US Army and just about every other company you can think of does this. All the awards around in the lobbys...more then 1/2 are usualy "made up" ones to look more impressive.
I know this for a fact as we have been contracted over the years to make some of them for a few of the big companies whos corp offices are here in metro detroit.

Need a real award for your lobby or storefront?
Let me know and we can put something together for you.

Tony
696 Signs
www.696signs.com
248-233-6306
Sales @ 696signs.com

PineHillLawn
06-13-2012, 06:57 PM
Eh, Just take the FREE class Steve offers (Gopher Lawn Business School (http://www.gopherforum.com/index.php?pageid=GopherHaul-Lawn-Care-Business-School)). It'll give you a Certificate that you are an ace at Lawn Care!!!!!!

SECTLANDSCAPING
06-13-2012, 07:02 PM

I had a lady that wouldnt pay me report me to BBB, for demanding payment. I told her I dont care what that private organization thinks. If I give them $500 theyll kiss my ***. I still get 2 or 3 calls a year to get accredited. Its such a scam.

willshome
06-13-2012, 09:15 PM
what about http://www.landscaping-companies.com/
they give you a rating look at the bottom of my page and its free