PDA

View Full Version : Asking the Guru's advice . help a new guy :)

FTGUlawncare
06-08-2012, 06:51 PM
So long story short i have built a small lawn care business up form getting 1 small mowing job when i was 15 , this is only a part time deal because i work a 8-5:30 job everyday just did this for side cash and its starting to snow ball LOL i get refered by my current clients and at this point i am actually turning down jobs because i cant fit them in right now i am mowing 3 lawns after 5:30 durning the week and on saturday and sunday i work about 6 hrs each day

Current eq i use are 21 inch push mowers and i have a small 30 inch cut JD riding mower i use ...all in all i have always charged a fair price and have gave 110% to each customer i have 7 of the 14 customers i service now i have had for 7 years , this year i Reg the business and am taking the next step in growing my "very small lawn care business "

now on to the question , i have the money but dont want to drop 6,7k on a scag mower , i am thinking of getting a toro either stand on or a Timemaster SS4235 Zero turn ....the 4235 would be a perfect choice for what i need it for ....i only have 5 accounts i would need it for but if i could cut my time down on the 5 accounts using the ZT i could possibly Add a few new accounts and that could justify me paying out 2400 ...

i pretty much have my mind made up ,,, just would like to hear your input

Remember i am a very small lawn care business so i dont really need anything $$$$$ in the future im going to buy a scag but just not now

SECTLANDSCAPING
06-08-2012, 07:11 PM
I would just pick up a used commercial walk behind or ztr. You can find one for $800-$1800. It will last longer and the parts are replaceable. The thing that always bothered me about box store ZTR's is where do you get parts and service?

I picked this up for $1250. I put a 100 hours on it with no problems but a flat tire. The toro walk behind on the trailer was $300. I used it for 3 years with just basic maintenance.

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/578449_10150815485399544_1388777763_n.jpg

Steve
06-11-2012, 12:43 PM
That's a very good idea! Also, what is your plan with your business? Are you wanting to take it full time one day or is this where you want to be?

FTGUlawncare
06-11-2012, 10:33 PM
That's a very good idea! Also, what is your plan with your business? Are you wanting to take it full time one day or is this where you want to be?

my business as of now is Great , i dont see myself taking this full time any time soon because of my Full time i can juggle both ,with little to no headach i think in the future it could possibly be something to fall back on but its nice that my 9-5 pays the bills and i can contunue to grow my business almost stress free

CHEESE2009
06-12-2012, 08:39 AM
Usually repair shops order parts for equipment regardless if they are bought from box stores or not, so you will be safe there.

Not all residential equipment is great, but some residential equipment is worth checking out.

Nice mower sect!