PDA

View Full Version : Magnetic Signs

Sprinkler Buddy
06-08-2012, 06:27 AM
Thought some of you may need this. I know nothing about them, got the link off twitter just so you know.

http://www.wholesalemagneticsigns.com/

CHEESE2009
06-12-2012, 05:40 PM
It's kind of tacky, if they use stock and edited images, why not actual 'real' images of them in use. As we can see, their signs are edited onto vehicles.

They also forgot to remove the reflection of the bush on the windshield (http://www.wholesalemagneticsigns.com/images/magnetic_signs.jpg), but that's just me being a horrible person.

Also, to be even more outrageous, why do they advertise that the magnet can cover the entire width of the vehicles front door all the way to the back? Wouldn't the magnet fall off every time the door opened? Is it cut? Doubt it. How did they make it so the handle of the door was over the magnet... they are either really good, or lying.

http://www.wholesalemagneticsigns.com/images/magnetic_signs.jpg

Look at this one, maybe this truck owner decided he had no use for the handle of his door anymore;
http://www.wholesalemagneticsigns.com/images/car_truck1_2.jpg

lololol
http://www.wholesalemagneticsigns.com/gallery/images/car_truck1.jpg

From the site
Most sign companies that sell their products on the Internet only want to send you what is cost effective for them to ship.

Well... yeah? That's what any successful business would have to do. I suppose this guy likes walking to the post office every day with all that free time.

-

stick with vistaprint.com , the deals are worth it.

SECTLANDSCAPING
06-12-2012, 05:54 PM
vistaprints magents suck. They only last 6-9 months. I had better luck with acid flyers. On year two now with a pair.

CHEESE2009
06-12-2012, 07:48 PM
vistaprints magents suck. They only last 6-9 months. I had better luck with acid flyers. On year two now with a pair.

I like them, because you can always fold them into a hat and where them on a rainy day. :D

But yes, their magnets do suck - I have a feeling all magnets will have durability issues... So I guess everyone should expect to replace them from time to time, or get vinyl.

What do you think?

-

Note: Vistaprint magnets can last a lifetime, so long as you follow the maintenance procuders... HA! Like we're going to spend an extra 5 minutes cleaning them, taking them off when it rains... No way in hell.

PineHillLawn
06-12-2012, 08:49 PM
I like them, because you can always fold them into a hat and where them on a rainy day. :D

But yes, their magnets do suck - I have a feeling all magnets will have durability issues... So I guess everyone should expect to replace them from time to time, or get vinyl.

What do you think?

-

Note: Vistaprint magnets can last a lifetime, so long as you follow the maintenance procuders... HA! Like we're going to spend an extra 5 minutes cleaning them, taking them off when it rains... No way in hell.

I was on my third pair of mag signs from VistaPrint and got the idea to put a thin coat of Epoxy on it to make it waterproof and last. Now I'm on a year and a half with them and they still look as good as they did new.

Island Lawn Care
06-12-2012, 10:52 PM
i got 2 11x17 magnets from 123print.com for 25 bucks shipped.3 months and the black letters seems a little fadey but not too too noticeable. i can tell it was made with a printer. i only expect them to last a season at that price so........we'll see. but for the price though, it is just about the cheapest and most effective method of advertising you can do.

with them was a peice of paper with instructions that told me not to put them in the sun and i needed to take 5 months to prep the surface of the vehicle and the magnet! 2 coats and time to let the wax cure and harden.....pshhhhtt! 5 months! i couldent beleive it. it also said to wash th e magnet and take it off daily. if i can find it ill sscan it. it was kinda funny but they did call for waxing the sign too.......so order your signs now for next year and prep that crap!

helpfull tip with the epoxy method.

i wonder if armorall or polyurethane will do anything.

Sprinkler Buddy
06-13-2012, 07:11 AM
I think they are good for the weekend warrior that doesn't have a designated work truck for his side business.

With magnets, one can easily take them off when he has a date. Lol

Years ago when I started out, I used magnet signs. They were done locally and held up very well for me.

I know nothing about the link I posted above, just thought a few guys on here might be interested in it.

CHEESE2009
06-13-2012, 10:11 AM
With magnets, one can easily take them off when he has a date. Lol

Magnets stay on for dates, this way I don't have to explain the smell LMAO.
also,
Bittchez best know who they be datin!!!

"Oh wowwww, you are such a hero cutting grass, let us do it on the mower"

696 Signs
06-13-2012, 03:14 PM
If the magnetic signs are made to the right standards they will last a long long time. We have plenty of clients who use them for 3-5 years!

The thin magnetic sheets used by vista print and some other companies are NOT ment to last.
When ordering magnetic signs request 30 mil thick sheets and they will last much much longer. (ofcourse there are dif brands and some are better then others) We use the very best magnet matterial available.

We send a sheet with care and maintenance info also, most every companies does....but the number 1 thing to watch out for is..
If you dont remove them on a regular basis the cheaper magnets will bond to your paint! You will need to repaint the area if this happens (or cover with something else) as removing the magnet will take the paint also.
Something else to think about is that magntic signs are considered temp signage and not ment to be a for long term (along with yard signs and banners).

We have a special on 12x24" magnets, unlimited colors or full color $50 currently.

Have any questions about magnetic signs? Let me know and I would be more then happy to provide information.

Tony
696 Signs
www.696signs.com
248-233-6306
Sales @ 696signs.com

CHEESE2009
06-13-2012, 08:25 PM
Hey Tony!

What's the selection like for tank tops?