PDA

View Full Version : Ran over my blower...

usmc3391
06-07-2012, 09:08 PM
I was helping my girlfriends dad out and cutting his property with him. He gave me money to grab lunch real quick so i put my blower down and jumped in the truck. Well instead of backing out of the driveway like i should have i decided to drive forward turn around on the grass. Well forgot my damn blower was there and ran it over. Sounded like i crashed into something and her dad came running out. what a stupid mistake i felt like an A-hole. Ill post pictures tomorrow but put it back together and it runs somehow haha. Just glad it runs still even tho the plastic is all cracked and its scratched up. Probably shouldn't be posting this because now i look like a dumbass but oh well haha.

Cashin H&P
06-07-2012, 09:17 PM
I was helping my girlfriends dad out and cutting his property with him. He gave me money to grab lunch real quick so i put my blower down and jumped in the truck. Well instead of backing out of the driveway like i should have i decided to drive forward turn around on the grass. Well forgot my damn blower was there and ran it over. Sounded like i crashed into something and her dad came running out. what a stupid mistake i felt like an A-hole. Ill post pictures tomorrow but put it back together and it runs somehow haha. Just glad it runs still even tho the plastic is all cracked and its scratched up. Probably shouldn't be posting this because now i look like a dumbass but oh well haha.

hey man **** happens. I ran over my chain saw the second time i ever used it. and it was a $900 saw, and to top it all off the customer was right there watching the whole thing

SECTLANDSCAPING
06-07-2012, 09:18 PM
**** happens.... We all ran over something. A combination of fatigue and lapse of judgement.

usmc3391
06-07-2012, 09:32 PM
@sect haha very true coudln't have said it better

@cashin at least i only ran it over with my girls dad there guess im not taking out any of his muscle cars anytime soon

Hedgemaster
06-07-2012, 10:27 PM
For you, I would suggest some of this for your tool box...

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/8/89/Duct-tape.jpg/300px-Duct-tape.jpg

Better make that two rolls! :D

http://8basics.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/duct-tape.jpg

CHEESE2009
06-07-2012, 11:52 PM
1. I ran over my blower. It made it more efficient... flattened out the tube lol.

2. I drove without lifting the ramp of the trailer, nearly lost all my sh*t lmao.

3. One time, I didn't strap my mowers in...:confused: I just hooked my bungees tight against the trailer thinking I did what I normally do. Went to a property trying to figure out if I was drunk or not.

4. I headed for the next lawn, but forgot my assistant at the previous lawn.

5. I often get into interesting conversations with my assistant, we'll accidentally pass our next property, we usually end up 40 minutes away in the weirdest places... Autopilot (subconscious) takes over when I'm having fun talking. lol.

6. I walked into a backyard, but forgot to bring a lawn mower with me.. lol

7. I loaded up for the day, realized it was the weekend and I had no work.

Sprinkler Buddy
06-08-2012, 05:17 AM
Lol, yeah we all been there.

WorkForMySelf
06-08-2012, 11:30 AM
1. I ran over my blower. It made it more efficient... flattened out the tube lol.

2. I drove without lifting the ramp of the trailer, nearly lost all my sh*t lmao.

3. One time, I didn't strap my mowers in...:confused: I just hooked my bungees tight against the trailer thinking I did what I normally do. Went to a property trying to figure out if I was drunk or not.

4. I headed for the next lawn, but forgot my assistant at the previous lawn.

5. I often get into interesting conversations with my assistant, we'll accidentally pass our next property, we usually end up 40 minutes away in the weirdest places... Autopilot (subconscious) takes over when I'm having fun talking. lol.

6. I walked into a backyard, but forgot to bring a lawn mower with me.. lol

7. I loaded up for the day, realized it was the weekend and I had no work.

number 5 is the worst one lol.. the turn around drive is usually quiet huh?

Steve
06-08-2012, 11:56 AM
I wanna see some pictures of all this!

bruces
06-08-2012, 05:58 PM
I cant get my head around this ,please post pics of the girlfriend ,it might help figure this mess out .

usmc3391
06-12-2012, 11:16 PM
haha finally got around to posting pictures off my cell..sorry bruces accidentally left out the girlfriend pics. The pictures of course dont look as bad as they do in person but still looks like **** because the blower is like a month and a half old. I ran over the hose and separated that into 3 pieces and the drug the rest i guess. But thanks everyone else for the posts of doing stupid **** especially cheese so i dont feel as bad as bad now
http://i1162.photobucket.com/albums/q535/smmckenney/IMG_0544.jpg
http://i1162.photobucket.com/albums/q535/smmckenney/IMG_0543.jpg
http://i1162.photobucket.com/albums/q535/smmckenney/IMG_0542.jpg

Von Bobbeh
07-05-2012, 05:58 PM
I left my bagger and grass barrel at one of my far-flung customers and then had to drive for 30 minutes and eat the wasted gas. I also shot out a truck window weed eating a gravel driveway.

The damage makes it look badass like lawncare is f'ing dangerous and ever the equipment gets scarred. lol

jonathan thomas
07-10-2012, 07:43 PM
i had my helper hook up my truck and trailer one morning and when we got ready to leave i never rechecked the trailer connections. so long story short we took off and left and we made it about 4 miles till we came to a R.R. crossing then it happend i looked in the rear view and my trailer was gone!!!!
then as i look out the drivers side mirrior i see my trailer coming up along side me so i floor my truck into on coming traffic to get in front of the trailer to stop it, so as im stopping the trailer it beat the crap out the back of my truck.

wat5150
07-10-2012, 07:46 PM
What??? That is crazy. Funny(only because it didnt happen to me)

Godslapper
07-10-2012, 08:09 PM
It happens. One time I bought a John Deer push mower for $500 bucks. It was such a piece of crap that late one afternoon I stoped by the place I bought it from so I could tell them to stick it up their arss and they were closed for the day. So I took it out of my truck , and ran it over several times. The next day they called me to ask why I did that. I asked them how they knew it was me ? They said it was all on the security cammera.:)

CHEESE2009
07-10-2012, 11:23 PM
Well, today I ran over everything with the tractor when I was unloading for the day. My mind was distracted.

How it should have been
1. Open ramp.
2. Remove 2 self propelled lawn mowers.
3. Drive tractor out, and into the garage.

How it happened
1. Open ramp.
2. Run back to truck to answer phone.

3. Instead of walking all the way to trailer ramp to get to the tractor, I just hopped in it from the hitch side. Anyway, started the tractor up, looked behind me... or so I thought... Next thing I know, I'm on top of the handle bars of both other mowers which are grinding into the pavement.

Assistant runs out from storing the trimmers, "what was that?!"...

Me: "What? ... nothing.. just putting the mowers away :confused:".

:o