PDA

View Full Version : Too comfy to push forwards?

Steve
10-12-2007, 08:57 PM
I was talking to one of my friends today who runs a business. He is always telling me how he wants his business to grow but then he comes up with all these things he has to do to get it to grow and then he makes it out like they are insurmountable. At the end of the conversation he comes out and says, he is pretty comfortable where he is at now.

Then I was saying to him, if you are comfortable where you are at, you just won't push forwards. I thought that is the main thing holding him back.

What's your take on this?

pmblair
10-12-2007, 10:29 PM
Sounds to me like he wants the business to grow, but he doesn't want the added responsibility. Every time your business grows, the work adds up... eventually, you have to hire people to help you do the job... there are no exceptions (that I know of) to this.... either you hire people, or you don't get the business because you can't do it all by yourself. Either that, or you get more and more business, but then you have no time to do anything else but work.

It's a double edged sword.... but it sounds to me like your friend sincerely wants the business to grow, he just isn't ready for the added responsibility yet.