PDA

View Full Version : First year in the lawn bizz

krd lawn and landscape
06-03-2012, 01:18 AM
Hello,

My name is Dustin im from the Joplin Missouri area. This is my first year as a lawn care and landscape business owner. So far it has been very rough every time i bid i get low balled so bad i dont get the job ive even had another company stop and talk to the customer while i was mowing and give them a lower price???? is this how it works???? Anyways sorry to vent lol

WorkForMySelf
06-03-2012, 10:48 AM
Hello,

My name is Dustin im from the Joplin Missouri area. This is my first year as a lawn care and landscape business owner. So far it has been very rough every time i bid i get low balled so bad i dont get the job ive even had another company stop and talk to the customer while i was mowing and give them a lower price???? is this how it works???? Anyways sorry to vent lol

Start bringing a bat with you... seriously?! That is so trashy that another company would do that, if the customer cant see that and would go with them then let them go. Just be professional and do a good job and most customers will respect you. Going with a POS company is going to save them how much at best? $20-$40 a month on maintenance to have their lawn go to crap? Not a very good deal and you should let clients know that.

SECTLANDSCAPING
06-03-2012, 10:52 AM
Hire the meanest looking guy to work with you. Change your name to Felons that bust Melons. A nice tagline like we cut more then grass. I bet that guy thinks twice.

Steve
06-04-2012, 01:36 PM
Hi Dustin,

Welcome to our forum!

ive even had another company stop and talk to the customer while i was mowing and give them a lower price?

What happened with that situation? How did the customer and you handle that?

Have you considered using some kind of annual lawn care contract (http://www.gopherforum.com/showthread.php?t=7210)? Would that help your situations?