PDA

View Full Version : rain, rain, rain - alll weekend long

WeekendWarriorLawn
06-01-2012, 08:14 PM
Up here in MI, the rain in my area looks as if its going to be non-stop during all peak hours. i had to cancel a client today over it, and it looks like i wont be able to get him or the others tomorrow because of the state of it rainging every other hour tomorrow.

any tips on going forward and working in damp or wet yards? should i just keep telling everyone i wont be able to get 'em till next week or should i go out and make an appearance and do what i can do out there?

lookin for some tips and a morale boost here, this weather f'n sucks azz up here. i cant even get new flyers handed out in it.

behold,
http://www.accuweather.com/en/us/port-huron-mi/48060/hourly-weather-forecast/329378?day=2&hbhhour=12

PineHillLawn
06-01-2012, 08:31 PM
Up here in MI, the rain in my area looks as if its going to be non-stop during all peak hours. i had to cancel a client today over it, and it looks like i wont be able to get him or the others tomorrow because of the state of it rainging every other hour tomorrow.

any tips on going forward and working in damp or wet yards? should i just keep telling everyone i wont be able to get 'em till next week or should i go out and make an appearance and do what i can do out there?

lookin for some tips and a morale boost here, this weather f'n sucks azz up here. i cant even get new flyers handed out in it.

behold,
http://www.accuweather.com/en/us/port-huron-mi/48060/hourly-weather-forecast/329378?day=2&hbhhour=12

Here in MO, we're getting some rain finally after a few weeks without. I don't know what's worse, having to skip yards because of lack of rain, or skip yards because of rain. I normally only mow 3 days a week to allow makeup days on Thurs-Sat or to schedule any lawnscaping jobs. If it were me, I'd say let it rain and unless they are just furious, skip them till it stops. At least its somewhat of job security if there is rain. Not too many in my area mow when it's raining.

Sprinkler Buddy
06-01-2012, 08:43 PM
Most will understand, you'll be there when the weather clears.

shadrach
06-01-2012, 08:53 PM
We try not to mow in the rain. As soon as the street is mostly dry, we start mowing . Trim first - gives you a better idea of how soft the ground is.