PDA

View Full Version : Thought For The Day

Fireman Gus
06-01-2012, 06:28 PM
Thomas Paine-"These are the times that try men's souls"

What do you think he is talking about?

I think he was talking directly to me. If it is not raining and storming, it is above normal in temperature. If a person is not complaining about work I haven't gotten yet, they want to talk about the price they are being charged. People call and ask when I am going to finish my second application of weed control knowing that the wind has been blowing steady 25-30 mph. As stated in an earlier thread my goal in business is to be a man of integrity and in all business transactions to be honest however it is hard at times. I tend to believe I am successful but... While writing this a lady called and wanted to know about 3 pallets of sod. When I told her the price and when I could get to it, her reply was "Do you know who I am and I don't like to be kept waiting"!

Well my rant is over. Hope everyone has a good weekend.

:D

Sprinkler Buddy
06-01-2012, 08:59 PM
Should have told her she's as important as all your other customers are.

Steve
06-04-2012, 01:28 PM
Going through these different experiences, how do you feel they have effected your view on being a business owner?

CHEESE2009
06-04-2012, 06:10 PM
her reply was "Do you know who I am and I don't like to be kept waiting"!

She's lucky to have you, if she said that to me she would have gotten an ear full and service would be instantly cancelled on the spot.

If they question me, that's fine - I will roll with it and try to explain myself. I can understand that they are desperate and upset.

However, as soon as a client becomes aggressive and uses negative statements, they are removed from my clientele.

0 tolerance for bullzhit.

Fireman Gus
06-05-2012, 08:17 AM
Going through these different experiences, how do you feel they have effected your view on being a business owner?

I have been doing this since 1980 so I have had to deal with this kind of attitude before. I was told when I first started, by a mentor, that things would not always be smooth so things like this really doesn't bother me. The reason this did is because we have doubled our business this year and it has been stressful trying to get things in order. One of those days.:)

Steve
06-05-2012, 03:19 PM
I was watching Deadliest Catch the other night and Capt. Sig was saying when you are out fishing, it's always either a slap in the face or a kick in the ***. Meaning that there is always something that is going wrong somewhere. That might be what makes fishing up there so difficult and ultimately why many don't last in lawn care.