PDA

View Full Version : Try something new and you get shot down

Steve
10-09-2007, 01:09 PM
Isn't it amazing? You try something new and you get shot down.

Well I applaud this homeowner for helping us all by experimenting with renewable power sources.

Remember when satellite dishes first came out and everyone went crazy to say these dishes were destroying people's views and scenery? Now we have moved on to windmills.

What's your take?

Neighbors fight, states scramble over clean power (http://www.cnn.com/2007/TECH/science/10/09/pip.wind.energy/index.html) - Curt Mann's neighbors are livid, accusing him of erecting an ugly wind turbine among their historic homes for no other reason than to show off his environmental "bling."

The 49-year-old residential developer is remodeling his 1920s house to be more environmentally friendly, including installation of a 45-foot-tall wind turbine in his front yard. "It's really none of their business how I spend my money," Mann said.

The towering turbine, which overlooks majestic trees and Victorian rooftops, pits preservationists in Atlanta's Grant Park Historic District against a property owner and his individual rights.

"It's unattractive and it's a nuisance," said Scott Herzinger, whose home is three doors down. Mann "invaded the public view ... when he put that tower up."

http://i.l.cnn.net/cnn/2007/TECH/science/10/09/pip.wind.energy/art.atlanta.turbine.jpg

UNRgrounds
10-09-2007, 06:04 PM
people need to seriously get a life... I mean.. I personally wouldnt choose to put one in my front yard.. BUT.. whose business is it anyways.. to each their own.

Steve
10-09-2007, 06:06 PM
I wonder how much it would cost. If you lived in a windier area and could have it powering your house WOW wouldn't that be great! I'd like to know how much power they can generate as well. I need to look this up more.

pmblair
10-09-2007, 09:30 PM
Where can I get one of these? If they didn't cost so much, I'd do windmills and solar panels. I swear.

Steve
10-09-2007, 09:48 PM
Oh yea me too! All of this is going to be huge in the future!