PDA

View Full Version : Greetings from Iowa

Hanks Lawn Care Services
05-31-2012, 06:22 PM
The mowing season started early for us in the Midwest. a lot of rain to start and the grass went wild!
Hi, my name is Hank owner of "Hank's Lawn Care Service" in Keokuk, Iowa
I did some lawn care/snow plowing for about 15 years back in 82' through the 90's then made a move to the Southwest.
After moving to Iowa a few years ago, I decided to start the service again as a way of supplementing our income (I am a filmmaker by trade) and in this economy we have to reach out for all the work we can while we can.

We have older equipment but it is in good shape and we have no loans to pay off. Business is good and growing, by fall I should have one employee and project a second and maybe a third next spring.
We offer several services including snow removal.
Next year we will be offering landscaping/lighting etc

I have enjoyed the web site for tips, ideas and reading the forums, I have even used some ideas for marketing,
Thank you.
Hank

Commercial & Residential Quality service, reasonable rates, fully insured. Hank's Lawn Care Service
“Beautifying Lee County One Lawn at a Time”
call us for a free local estimate (800) 319-9877
http://hankslawncarekeokuk.webs.com/apps/photos/photo?photoid=156935256

http://hankslawncarekeokuk.webs.com/

Steve
06-01-2012, 11:44 AM
Welcome to our forum!

I am a filmmaker by trade

That is fascinating. What kind of films have you worked on and how has moving to Iowa effected that?

Hanks Lawn Care Services
06-02-2012, 10:00 AM
It has bee a lot of fun for sure, have been involved with several productions both big name and independent small ones and various commercials. a partial listing is on IMDB
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm2002361/

Moving to Iowa was a good choice, in Arizona, we had "high desert" which is great but we missed the "4 seasons" so we made the move...(besides there is more grass to mow here ;)

Sprinkler Buddy
06-02-2012, 07:54 PM
Welcome to the forum.

Steve
06-04-2012, 01:47 PM
That is a very interesting imdb bio you have! In it, you talk about dealing with bouts of depression. We have discussed this topic on the forum as well. How do you feel running your own business has effected your dealings with depression.

Hanks Lawn Care Services
06-05-2012, 07:26 PM
Depression is a bad thing to have, it seems to stem (for me) from a time in my life when I was physically unable to do little more than exist due to chronic pain from lung problems and back problems. Typically, patients are treated with antidepressant medications, as I was. but (since you asked) I put my trust in Jesus, I have not had to take meds for over well over 10 -12 years and I am fine, oh I still have days when I don't want to roll out of bed but most of the time I am thankful for what God has done in my life I also had to understand that there was hope and a future in my life and not just sit around doing nothing and making myself feel sorry for how I felt.
I am in the outdoors, the fresh air and have a very happy marriage, with all that I have a strong relationship with Christ (not just attending church but a true passion to follow Him)
I enjoy taking time to get to know my clients and knowing I am making a difference in how their yard looks, mowing and trimming or clearing out a mole problem, it is satisfying to see the smiles on their faces and know they have a yard we both can be proud of.

Steve
06-06-2012, 12:25 PM
That is fantastic and very inspirational for all of us.