PDA

View Full Version : Hey Everyone

bueller427
05-28-2012, 03:14 AM
Hey,

New to this forum, alot of really good info here . just wanted to introduce myself. I'm Bueller, I worked doing landscaping for about 10 years in my youth and really enjoyed it. I am currently living in NY and coming up on retirement { I mean starting another career } . I will be moving to Houston Texas and really want to start up a landscaping business there. Any info on the area in regards to landscaping would be highly appreciated. I am starting to do my homework though. I would like to start out small doing just lawn maintanence and hopfully grow from there.

Nice to meet ya'll

Bueller

Sprinkler Buddy
05-28-2012, 07:59 AM
Welcome to the forum. Good luck on your new venture, Houston has a lot of potential to grow a nice business.

Steve
05-28-2012, 09:22 AM
Welcome to our forum!

There is a lot of information on getting started here as well as in my lawn care blog (http://lawnchat.com).

What steps are you taking now to get yourself up and running?

bueller427
05-29-2012, 07:16 AM
right now, doing a lot of research. getting a idea of how much it will cost for start up...ect. the only problem for me when I get there is that I will be living in a HOA community and I will not be able to work from my home [ store equipment...truck. So I am looking into warehouse space for the stuff, which will set me back every month with a rent ...bummer

Bueller

Steve
05-29-2012, 09:10 AM
Do you have a friend or family member in the area who would let you park a trailer in their yard?

bueller427
06-01-2012, 11:30 AM
no I really only know 1 person there...think I would only need the size of a 2 car garage to store the equipment

Steve
06-04-2012, 12:25 PM
Well keep us posted on how everything goes.