PDA

View Full Version : which enclosed trailer is best?

FentonC
05-22-2012, 07:44 PM
The 2 manufacturers that I know of for enclosed trailer are Haulmark and Wells. Which one is the most reliable? Also, is it best to go with a double back door with separate ramps or with a single door that folds down as a ramp?

Thanks

Apex Lawn & Landscape
05-22-2012, 09:43 PM
The 2 manufacturers that I know of for enclosed trailer are Haulmark and Wells. Which one is the most reliable? Also, is it best to go with a double back door with separate ramps or with a single door that folds down as a ramp?

Thanks

Ive heard great things about both. Majestic Trailer in Mogadore Ohio has great deals. Now the second part of the question is just retarded!

FentonC
05-22-2012, 10:37 PM
lol, I was only asking because I haven't been able to find out the load capacity of the rear door on different manufacturer trailers. I've seen some trailers rear doors that aren't to sturdy. Do you think the previously mentioned trailer companies back doors are sturdy enough for a 1000 pound zero turn?

lol

FentonC
05-22-2012, 10:44 PM
ok, maybe it is a stupid question, lol. You can obviously tell I don't have experience with these kinds of trailers.

Apex Lawn & Landscape
05-22-2012, 10:54 PM
No its cool, Ive seen way worse on here!! anyway, Your fine as far as weight is concerned, let me just say my neighbor down the street, who also is in the Lawncare field has a ramp door, he is 300lbs on top of a 1100 lb gravely ztr and he has no problems. As far as brand goes, maybe go with what your local dealer sells, trailer issues do arise and a local dealer that knows the brand will always be good. Best Of Luck.

PineHillLawn
05-23-2012, 04:27 PM

Thanks

I have a Playmor Enclosed Trailer. I got it second hand for $1100. It's a 6x12 and I can get two mowers inside plus I built racks that hang on the walls to keep my trimmers, edger, and blowers on. I also built a shelf at the front end to store my fuels, extra oil, and an air tank.

And yes, definetly get a ramp door. The newer ones have that cable lift system that'll make it much easier to lift the door, mine doesn't have it and believe me, it's heavy. One more upside to an enclosed trailer is you can put large signs on the two sides plus one on the back. A great way to advertise on the cheap.

baileysgreenthumb
05-24-2012, 09:25 PM
I have a LOOK brand trailer which is a 5x8 enclosed. Works awesome. I put herculiner on the entire floor and base. Its nice and tall so you can move around in it fairly well.

dpld
05-29-2012, 02:25 PM
lol, I was only asking because I haven't been able to find out the load capacity of the rear door on different manufacturer trailers. I've seen some trailers rear doors that aren't to sturdy. Do you think the previously mentioned trailer companies back doors are sturdy enough for a 1000 pound zero turn?

lol

the door usually as a ramp has as much strength as the capacity of the trailer.
the double barn doors don't even come close to the same quality of construction as the ramp door.
they are two totally different animals so to say.