PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Minneapolis area

FentonC
05-17-2012, 03:43 PM
Hi everyone,

I have recently decided that I want to start a lawn care service and snow plow service. I have been doing some research and reading on the forum here and have some questions.

I currently work 5 days a week Friday through Tuesday and am going to start my yard business my other 2 days. Once it starts picking up I am going to switch to 3 days yard business and 4 days my other job, I have 10 hour shifts so this will be easy with my current employer.

I am planning on buying a used chevy 2500hd and am still unsure if I should start my company big or small. Should I buy a commercial zero turn mower and trailer or should I buy a commercial push mower and just use the truck to carry my equipment around?

I don't have any customer as of now, I didn't want to start looking for them until I have my equipment.

What would you recommend?

hansenslawncare
05-17-2012, 08:38 PM
Hi everyone,

I have recently decided that I want to start a lawn care service and snow plow service. I have been doing some research and reading on the forum here and have some questions.

I currently work 5 days a week Friday through Tuesday and am going to start my yard business my other 2 days. Once it starts picking up I am going to switch to 3 days yard business and 4 days my other job, I have 10 hour shifts so this will be easy with my current employer.

I am planning on buying a used chevy 2500hd and am still unsure if I should start my company big or small. Should I buy a commercial zero turn mower and trailer or should I buy a commercial push mower and just use the truck to carry my equipment around?

I don't have any customer as of now, I didn't want to start looking for them until I have my equipment.

What would you recommend?

Well welcome to the business...it's a great business to be in and gives you a lot of freedom and flexibility in your life.

Above all else, I would invest in a website, and get ranked fast, before I purchased a piece of equipment. Reason being, is that if you need the equipment after calls are coming in, then you can go and get yourself the equipment you need. If you buy the equipment before you have customers, you could potentially put yourself in a financial hardship. I've always waited to have the customers before I purchased the equipment, and only purchase what you need, not what you want.

If you have any questions contact me on here or on my website Hansen's Lawn Care (www.hansenslawncare.com), and if you need someone to build you a website and get you ranked on google quick, let me know, he's from your area.

The best to you...