PDA

View Full Version : Cub Cadet RZT 50 pto issues

wat5150
05-16-2012, 03:40 PM
I have a cub rzt 50 and when the pto gets shut off in revers it takes quite a while sometimes for it to engage again. Also I know everyone says your not supposed to but how can i bypass that irritating reverse pto shut off feature? I have tried unplugging the wire connectors at the bottom of each lap bar but then the pto wont engage at all. If my pto didnt keep shutting off in reverse it probably wouldnt hesitate so much to engage again. It just seems like that is a lot of wear and tear on the equipment to keep engaging. Its a safety design but a bad on IMO.

wandfsmall
05-16-2012, 07:08 PM
I agree it is a bad design and if you buy a commercial mower you will not have that safety on it. I also wish I could help you but I or anyone else who did would be opening themselves up to a lawsuit from someone that followed that advice and got hurt, or got hurt and wanted someone to sue with an internet search. I am sorry about your problem and wish I would help.

wat5150
05-16-2012, 09:00 PM
LOL. Trust me Im not suing anyone. I mow commercially but this is the mower I have at the moment. I just want to unhook this feature.

wandfsmall
05-17-2012, 09:28 AM
LOL. Trust me Im not suing anyone. I mow commercially but this is the mower I have at the moment. I just want to unhook this feature.

I really do with I could help as I think that that safety is only on the mower to sell electric clutches, my only recommendation is not to go in reverse any more then you have to.

wat5150
05-17-2012, 02:06 PM
I fixed the problem today. I just removed the swicth from where it was bolted in. There is a small tab that hits a button when you go in reverse telling the pto to shut down. The switch is still hooked up and plugged in it is just moved so that the tab can no longer hit it. Works sweet, can finally go in reverse without loosing my pto. This will help on the clutch wear obviously.

wat5150
05-17-2012, 02:07 PM
By the way I am intending on suing anyone that replied to this post!!!!!!;)

wandfsmall
05-18-2012, 02:29 PM
I just did not think you would never get a response to technical questions. It sucks that we live in a society that does not take responsibility for their own actions but we all have to cover out asses for that one moron that would sue...

good luck and you can always message me if you have a question that does not involve bypassing a safety.

wat5150
05-18-2012, 10:57 PM
I need your address and phone number. My lawyer wants to speak with you!!:D

SECTLANDSCAPING
05-18-2012, 11:05 PM
I need your address and phone number. My lawyer wants to speak with you!!:D

:D
thats funny