PDA

View Full Version : What tools do LCO's use to collect payment from deadbeats?

w0283767
05-15-2012, 09:37 PM
What have you guys found to be the best method to collect your hard earned money from customers who won't pay? I had read somewhere that post dated checks is a good idea, but didn't fully understand why?

Cashin H&P
05-15-2012, 09:42 PM
What have you guys found to be the best method to collect your hard earned money from customers who won't pay? I had read somewhere that post dated checks is a good idea, but didn't fully understand why?

Once a dead beat always a deadbeat. If someone doesnt pay give then 2 chances, if they do not pay the third time you ask tell them you will 1 take them to small claims court or 2 send them a collection agency. If it comes to all of this there were probably signs before hand that they were a pain in the a**. If you start to see that drop them and find some a customer who is not.

Apex Lawn & Landscape
05-15-2012, 09:42 PM
Cut your losses and drop them. Its the game we play.

Hedgemaster
05-15-2012, 10:58 PM
Leave a horse's head in their bed.

stevef1201
05-16-2012, 05:59 AM
Best method? I have every customer sign a contract. If they dont pay I turn the contract over to a collection company. They always pay in the end.
Contact your lawyer, he will help you with contract, and and collections.

Steve
05-16-2012, 12:45 PM
I had read somewhere that post dated checks is a good idea, but didn't fully understand why?

I think one view of it is, if you write a check and don't have sufficient money in the bank to have it cashed/deposited, it is a criminal offense. So there is a little more level of importance to make sure there is enough money in the bank for it to clear when it is supposed to.