PDA

View Full Version : Offer a new service

clarklandscaping
10-02-2007, 04:06 PM
Hello everyone I have a quick question for the LCO operating in Florida.
Do I need to have a lawn and orntamental license if i decide I want to offer my customers Fertilizer?

Steve
10-02-2007, 06:13 PM
Hi clarklandscaping ,

Welcome to our forum! How long have you been running your lawn care operation?

Our friend Barry might have some insight for you. I will send him a pm.

myrlin
10-02-2007, 06:51 PM
ck with you county. every county is different.

barry

StartALawnCareBusiness
10-02-2007, 09:36 PM
Your local agricultural extension office should be able to tell you about required permits.

Here's a link for the Florida offices:

Florida Agricultural Extension Offices (http://solutionsforyourlife.ufl.edu/map/)

Take some extra steps too. Some local communities have further restrictions. I have even heard of homeowners associations that restrict chemical application for their neighborhoods.

Keith

clarklandscaping
10-03-2007, 01:36 PM
Quote[/b] (Team Gopher @ Oct. 02 2007,7:13)]Hi clarklandscaping ,

Welcome to our forum! How long have you been running your lawn care operation?

Our friend Barry might have some insight for you. I will send him a pm.
Thank you this is my first season in business and Im loving every second of it!

Steve
10-03-2007, 01:37 PM
Hi clarklandscaping,

What types of services are you offering for the fall and winter?

What kinds of things have you been doing to get your name out there?

clarklandscaping
10-03-2007, 01:47 PM
Quote[/b] (Team Gopher @ Oct. 03 2007,9:37)]Hi clarklandscaping,

What types of services are you offering for the fall and winter?

What kinds of things have you been doing to get your name out there?
Well I was not quite sure what services I would be doing this winter but I have been submitting a bunch of estimates for tree trimming and brush cleanup.

Well my only form of advertising has been flyers at the rate of 500 a month being passed out dooor to door. At first customers came slow but now Im taking on about 1 or 2 new customers a day.

clarklandscaping
10-03-2007, 01:57 PM
Quote[/b] (StartALawnCareBusiness @ Oct. 02 2007,5:36)]Your local agricultural extension office should be able to tell you about required permits. *

Here's a link for the Florida offices:

Florida Agricultural Extension Offices (http://solutionsforyourlife.ufl.edu/map/)

Take some extra steps too. *Some local communities have further restrictions. *I have even heard of homeowners associations that restrict chemical application for their neighborhoods.

Keith
Well it seems that in Orange, Seminole, and Volusia counties you DO need a license to apply any chemical. The website I was given for information on obtaining such license is http://www.flaes.org .

Steve
10-03-2007, 02:50 PM
Quote[/b] ]Well I was not quite sure what services I would be doing this winter but I have been submitting a bunch of estimates for tree trimming and brush cleanup.

What about aeration or outdoor decorations?