PDA

View Full Version : Need a small ZTR, is Gravely a good one?

PineHillLawn
05-12-2012, 01:44 PM
I have a few yards that I have to mow the back yard because the gate is to small to get my Scag ZTR through. I found a new Gravely 35" ZTR for around $2000. My question is does anyone have a Gravely? Is it a good mower that will last a few seasons?

SECTLANDSCAPING
05-12-2012, 02:09 PM
I have a gravely walkbehind from the mid 90s. It has held up good over the years. Back in the day they only made commercial equipment. Now they have a homeowner line.

PineHillLawn
05-12-2012, 03:52 PM
I have a gravely walkbehind from the mid 90s. It has held up good over the years. Back in the day they only made commercial equipment. Now they have a homeowner line.

Yeah I think this 34" ZTR is a home owner version but I dread doing yards with small gates because I dont have a walk behind and would rather ride than use a push mower.

lawnman3fl
05-12-2012, 05:53 PM
i also have a gravely walk behind mower its a great mower for the money i gave for it i can't complain its a gear driven 36 inch pro series ...:cool::cool::cool:

jonathan thomas
05-16-2012, 03:47 PM
Im not sure about new gravleys but i have a 1548 walkbehind and i have beat the crap out of it and it will not quit. 2271.9 hours. Very very little maintenance. I have since went with exmarks and keep the gravley for really nasty yards.
I have the exmark phazer 34 ztr that i use for back yards and its a really good mower but
the only promblem is that on the small ztr's the back tires are small and if your not careful
they will dig ruts or skid up the yard.