PDA

View Full Version : Cleaning service business

Steve
09-17-2007, 09:22 PM
One of my friends was talking to me before and wanted to start a cleaning service.

He was trying to figure out the best and cheapest way to market the new business and I was telling him, business cards and craigslist.org.

Have you ever operated a cleaning service business?

Or if you have any other marketing ideas, let me know to pass on to him.

KimKriel
09-24-2007, 09:05 AM
I have a cleaning service I handle 3 apartment complexes, a summer rental company and about 20 homes. I have found with the businesses the best way is direct mail, for homes I put out flyers and business cards in the areas I wanted to target. I no longer have to advertise for the private homes, I only take refferals and stay extremely busy.

Steve
09-24-2007, 09:56 AM
Oh thank you!

When you did your direct mailings. How many mailings did you send out and how many times did you repeat it?

KimKriel
09-24-2007, 11:43 AM
The first mailing I sent out was about the first of October, then I repeated it in Feb. I believe I sent out around 50, to apartment complexes only. I got 1 complex after the first mailing, and 2 after the second. The rental company I got from Ia flyer I placed in the drug store. I have actually received most of my referrals from them.

Steve
09-24-2007, 11:53 AM
WOW! So you sent them to apartment managers or apartments?

Did you send out postcards or letters or what?

Did you send out the same mailing twice or did you change it?

Any suggestions as to where to buy your mailing list from? Any special categories one should consider?

KimKriel
09-26-2007, 02:31 PM
I sent them to apartment complexes, the first mailing was a letter, the second was a postcard.
I looked in the phone book for addresses, also got them from a rental magazine, (these are available at office of local apartments). Also looked up complexes on the internet. I didnt spend any extra cash, got the letter from a draft of my husbands lawn service. Had post cards printed at vista print FREE + shipping. Just had to buy the stamps (OUCH)

Steve
09-27-2007, 12:23 PM
That was a very creative way to formulate a mailing list!

Do you cross market your lawn care services to your cleaning services and visa versa? Do you have customers who get bother services?