PDA

View Full Version : Commercial Contracts

op25ttfd
05-11-2012, 05:20 PM
Guys, I am looking for some tips on getting some commercial contracts. I am trying to see how I can compete with the big companies in the area on scoring some of the commercial accounts. Any tips would be great guys.

corylynn1
05-11-2012, 06:11 PM
I am also interested to see what you guys have to say.:)

JLM
05-11-2012, 07:54 PM
Here is how I do it.
1. Locate a property I want to give a bid on
2. Contact owner or manager and find out when you can submit a bid, Simply ask what month is the property up for bid?
3. While you have him/her on the phone ask a few questions about the current service provider and give them your pitch.... Be sure to ask if you can go ahead and submit a bid even if you are months to a year away from the date of submission. BE THE 1ST ONE TO SAY I WANT TO BE YOUR NEXT LAWN COMPANY! be sure to follow up with your contact often enough to not be a bother.
One more tip... Call 1 month before the property is open for bid just a reminder to your contact, tell him/her you will give them a call in 2 weeks and you are excited for the opportunity to bid. Sometimes this makes you look a little desparate but its cool! Some will pick you just because you were in thier face. I know alott of tricks but these are the basics. Any tip given can work.. its all about the sale

To compete with the big dawgs you need to be a big dawg.. its all about you not your set up or what you drive or for that matter how big your company is. Sell yourself to your contact gain a contract! You cant forget that little ryme and it will servre you well. :p

Steve
05-12-2012, 10:54 AM
We have a lot of information on this.

Check out the articles in my blog on how to get commercial lawn care customers (http://lawnchat.com/category/lawn-care-customers/commercial-customers).

More reading in the book. How To Get Commercial Lawn Care And Snow Plow Customers (https://www.createspace.com/3744273).

There are a lot of creative ways to do this and going through this reading will really help.

op25ttfd
05-12-2012, 10:07 PM
Thank you guys. I am in to year 2 of my business and it is definitely time to expand. Just when I feel down about things, I read the forums here for some pick me up. You guys are great and thanks Steve for creating a great site that is so helpful to us little guys.

Steve
05-13-2012, 10:53 AM
You are welcome. Let us know when you get your first commercial customer!