PDA

View Full Version : Good changes!

CHEESE2009
05-11-2012, 09:14 AM
For the past few years, I have mowed, trimmed, and used the blower on all my properties. Now after blowing we take 5-10 extra minutes per lawn with the rakes to pick up any loose branches, clippings, etc...

All of our lawns look so much better because of it, and you can leave feeling as though you did your absolute best.

-

I am having a great start, but my guy needs to catch up to me when it comes to work ethic. He moves slower than my grandmother, and can't handle a trimmer properly but always manages to be the one using it because he's too lazy to do anything else, then he has the nerve to hand me the trimmer saying he's tired. :rolleyes:

My guy likes to wear sunglasses, that could explain why he's missing a lot of stuff. Also, he comes back to me every lawn explaining how busted the trimmer is because it always runs out of string. Truth is, he's just not using it right, every time I open up the head the spool is full. I tell him not to release the throttle when he bangs the trimmer head, he nods and says "that's what I've been doing", then goes back to doing it wrong as I watch, lol.

Not only that, he'll be trimming FOREVER, he'll start in the front, then the back, then the front again, then the back again several times! Once i'm done doing just about everything, I just wonder how it's possible for him to still be trimming. Drives me crazy. Friggen noob... lol

ANYWAY, it's still early. Our first week ends today :D

SECTLANDSCAPING
05-11-2012, 11:07 AM
This is how people work for some reason. I have a guy that will walk back to the truck empty handed. Then go back to grab a tool. Dont you think it wouldve been smarter to take something with you? He does the same thing with trimming. Skips spots then goes back.

I had a guy last year that didnt know how to start stihl equipment. Every time he would say it was junk and get pissed off. I showed him ten times to fully engage the throttle then pull. He just could figure it out or listen. I ended up firing him when he refused to clear snow in front of a dumpster. He walked home instead of shoveling for 5 minutes.

I had my first firing of the season this week. This guy would show up late or not at all. He was a good worker too besides that. Ohh well theres plenty of people that will take his place.

As far as the clippings if there real heavy. Ill run them over again. If theres to many clippings its the customers fault because they want biweekly service.

Steve
05-12-2012, 09:48 AM
Now after blowing we take 5-10 extra minutes per lawn with the rakes to pick up any loose branches, clippings, etc...

Scott,

What got you to come up with this idea and implement it?

CHEESE2009
05-13-2012, 07:38 PM
Scott,

What got you to come up with this idea and implement it?

This is to make up for last year, I didn't feel right at all. I was just so stressed out with collecting payments from slacker clients, I kind of gave up on giving my 100%

Now that all my clients pay for the entire season in advance with post-dated cheques, I can relax and feel better about myself and the quality i'm giving.

I don't feel like I'm working for free anymore!

I'm proud of my work again, and my passion is back!

(it's still early guys, don't worry I will freak out soon)

Steve
05-14-2012, 08:24 AM
That is very interesting! It is amazing how that change in policy has effected not only your view but your job performance too! I think this is going to be a great year!