PDA

View Full Version : Murray 48560x92a

lawncareftf
05-10-2012, 07:05 PM
Hello all:

I'm reaching out to the forum for help. I'm at my wits end with this f***ing mower. My mother in law has a 48" wide body Murray 48560x92a and the belts are very loose. Initially I thought the belts had stretched so after a long bout of research I found the OEM belts and replaced them. Didn't do anything. So someone suggested that the springs might be bad so I ordered new springs and replaced them - still loose. I am out of ideas on this one. The belts are so loose that they flap around when the blades are engaged and two of the pulleys are hitting together. If she didn't live on 2 acres my 33" would be fine but since she does I would prefer to wear her equipment out instead of mine :-). Thanks in advance.

Steve
05-11-2012, 08:48 AM
Hi,

I'd love to see a picture of the bottom where your belts are, to get an idea of what is going on.

Is it possibly the wrong size belts were ordered?

jasonw
05-12-2012, 12:33 AM
Sounds to me like the belts are not routed properly, a good first check before spending any money on anything.

lawncareftf
05-12-2012, 08:47 AM
Hi,

I'd love to see a picture of the bottom where your belts are, to get an idea of what is going on.

Is it possibly the wrong size belts were ordered?

I'll get some pictures up this afternoon. No I matched the belts with the specs. It took a while to figure out which belts because the mower is a 1997 and Murray is out of business so it took a while to be able to figure out what exact model it was. I had to contact Briggs directly.

lawncareftf
05-12-2012, 08:48 AM
Sounds to me like the belts are not routed properly, a good first check before spending any money on anything.

I thought about that but I routed them the way the diagram shows.

wandfsmall
05-13-2012, 09:17 AM
sorry about the slow response I have been busy with a show that our dealership was at. I would suggest taking it to someone with experience working on murray mowers for a second opinion as that is something I would have to see to tell you what is wrong with it.