PDA

View Full Version : Do Not Use LANDSCAPERS DEPOT in Kingston NH

Cashin H&P
05-08-2012, 07:55 PM
Well im going to rant about this for a minute so this doesnt happen to any one else. Any one in New Hampshire/Northern Mass area do not use LANDSCAPERS DEPOT!

So i needed 5 yards of of barn red rock (like a slate material) the materials yard i usually order from didnt have that type of rock. So I called another place called LANDSCAPERS DEPOT IN KNIGSTON NH these guys are *******s! The women I placed the order with was extreamly rude, then when They called me to tell me they would be brinig the rocks, I simply asked when can ecpect the order...im not working today due to the rain so I will heve to make a special trip over there, she replied i dont know how long does it take to get from kingston to bedford...to which i replied im not sure iv never been out that way. She then said that the load will get there around 930 am. So I head over there at 9 20....940 rolls around then 10 then 1030 so I call and get a difrent women, im thinking great ill get this straighted out in a jiffy. Boy was I wrong, she had more attitude then the first women telling me that the driver left and he will be there when he gets there. Anywho at 11 he rolls up and at this point im ripshi* so i sign for the material and then jump up and inspect the load and its the wrong rock! But since I already signed for it he HAD to dump it, well I look at my invoices and it says the correct load I call the company and get a diffrent women again, she said there is nothing they can do and that I had ordered it wrong and was blaming it all on me! Thankfully the home onwer is really chill and we were able to find a use for the rocks there and I will just have to eat the cost of the mulch we are putting down were the rocks were supposed to go. All in all it was an awful day thanks to these morons

Apex Lawn & Landscape
05-08-2012, 08:12 PM
I have become stressed reading this.

Johnny_boy02
05-09-2012, 12:50 PM
So the delivery paperwork you signed has the correct material that you ordered but they brought the wrong material?

I would have told them no I signed for XXXX you brought YYYY, suck it. I would take them to small claims court, but I am a jerk like that and refuse to be pushed around.

Cashin H&P
05-09-2012, 02:48 PM
I called today to complain just cuz I was still mad lol and basiclly told the maneger that I would never patranize them again and a few choice words were also excanaged

JeffK26
05-09-2012, 09:09 PM
That sucks, but why did you sign?

The invoice states what you ordered. You show the driver what you ordered, show him what is in the truck is different and then don't sign.

You can go to court, or not patronize the company again, but they still got you in the end. Even if you go to court, their side will say you signed it so you agreed to take the mistake. In court they can sit under oath and say they made a mistake, but you signed for it, so you accepted their mistake.

I don't sign for anything, whether it's for the job or for my personal use unless I make sure it's in once piece, it's right and matches all model numbers and serial numbers. UPS and all those drivers may get snooty and impatient, but oh well, I'm paying money for a certain thing, in working condition, my name doesn't go on it unless I see it. If they don't like it, they can take it back.

Cashin H&P
05-09-2012, 09:25 PM
That sucks, but why did you sign?

The invoice states what you ordered. You show the driver what you ordered, show him what is in the truck is different and then don't sign.

You can go to court, or not patronize the company again, but they still got you in the end. Even if you go to court, their side will say you signed it so you agreed to take the mistake. In court they can sit under oath and say they made a mistake, but you signed for it, so you accepted their mistake.

I don't sign for anything, whether it's for the job or for my personal use unless I make sure it's in once piece, it's right and matches all model numbers and serial numbers. UPS and all those drivers may get snooty and impatient, but oh well, I'm paying money for a certain thing, in working condition, my name doesn't go on it unless I see it. If they don't like it, they can take it back.

Yep looking back this was a live and learn opertunity. Im not gonna sweat it because I ending up getting the mowing and alot of other work for this homeonwer.

Steve
05-09-2012, 10:07 PM
WOW I am sorry about that.

JeffK26
05-10-2012, 06:44 AM
Yep looking back this was a live and learn opertunity. Im not gonna sweat it because I ending up getting the mowing and alot of other work for this homeonwer.

That's pretty good it all worked out for the best. Got lucky on that one! :)

I wish more of my live and learn mistakes worked out that way haha

picframer
05-10-2012, 02:16 PM
I had this happen once and what a PITA, however it was handled properly, I ordered 30 yards of garden soil, they delivered 30 yards of lawn soil so I had to send a bigger tractor to load it back into the dump truck, they delivered the proper material and gave me one load for my home at no charge for the mistake.

In your case I would strongly encourage you to file a complaint with the better business bureau (Canada) or Consumer Affairs in the USA, this way they will not only do an investigation, what you experienced will be available to others considering a purchase from them, there is no way in $%^$ I would tolerate what you went through, we all work very hard to get the damn business then to have a supplier pull a stunt like this can really harm a service provider, customers talk more about what went wrong than what we did right.