PDA

View Full Version : Veterans Lawn Care Systems

veteranslawncaresystems
05-05-2012, 01:43 PM
Hello to everyone. I started cutting lawns back in middle school and high school. And I did pretty well. I enlisted in the military in 2006 right out of high school. I was forced out of the military in 2010, due to medical reasons. I started this business when I got out of the military back in 2010. Reason I started this business Is because no one would hire me because I am a disable vet, or If I did get hired my doctor would call and let them know about my health issues and I would be terminated from my job. My doctor got fired from his actions. I made this company so when people in my area get out of the military, they can come to me and I can give them some work, till they can find a better job. I did not want to see prior military be pushed around by businesses that do not want to give them a chance. I did not want to see a brother or sister that could not feed their family or keep their house, because they could not afford it. The economy sucks and I know it does and work is far and in between. To me its not about the money its about the job we do, the people we help. We enlisted to serve this great country, and to help and change this world we live in. I may not be in the military anymore, but it was in my blood to serve people and help out. That is what my company is about. I help people that are less fortunate than me.

hawthornelawncare
05-05-2012, 03:18 PM
Hello to everyone. I started cutting lawns back in middle school and high school. And I did pretty well. I enlisted in the military in 2006 right out of high school. I was forced out of the military in 2010, due to medical reasons. I started this business when I got out of the military back in 2010. Reason I started this business Is because no one would hire me because I am a disable vet, or If I did get hired my doctor would call and let them know about my health issues and I would be terminated from my job. My doctor got fired from his actions. I made this company so when people in my area get out of the military, they can come to me and I can give them some work, till they can find a better job. I did not want to see prior military be pushed around by businesses that do not want to give them a chance. I did not want to see a brother or sister that could not feed their family or keep their house, because they could not afford it. The economy sucks and I know it does and work is far and in between. To me its not about the money its about the job we do, the people we help. We enlisted to serve this great country, and to help and change this world we live in. I may not be in the military anymore, but it was in my blood to serve people and help out. That is what my company is about. I help people that are less fortunate than me.

Hi there welcome to the forum and such. Hope buisness is good for you. Maybe you can post some pics of your lawn set up and share any tips or ideas too. I am not a fellow service man but do give my full support to any service man and women. Thank you for your contribution for keeping us safe.

usmc3391
05-06-2012, 02:26 PM
I hear you brother I'm a veteran as well and could not find work anywhere so I started my lawn care business and am glad I did because I enjoy it and feel like I have a knack for it. I am just a one man crew right now but I plan on doing the same and hiring veterans and military once I get off the ground. Very admirable what you are doing and helping our brothers. I have a link for the wounded warrior project on my website so people can donate to them and when I talk to customers I like to mention the wounded warrior project so they are aware. Any tips or advice let me know.

veteranslawncaresystems
05-06-2012, 03:05 PM
i was part of the wounded warrior project. i spent 2 months in a hospital. since i am a disable vet. every 5 dollars i make a donate a dollar to disable vets of america. so if i make 30 dollars doing lawn mainteance i will make a donation of 6 dollars. a lot of customers like that. when i tell them about it they want me to do lawn maintenace.

Sprinkler Buddy
05-06-2012, 09:43 PM
Welcome to the forum. Semper Fi

JeffK26
05-06-2012, 10:18 PM
i was part of the wounded warrior project. i spent 2 months in a hospital. since i am a disable vet. every 5 dollars i make a donate a dollar to disable vets of america. so if i make 30 dollars doing lawn mainteance i will make a donation of 6 dollars. a lot of customers like that. when i tell them about it they want me to do lawn maintenace.

I'm a vet as well and I donate to Wounded Warriors and Backstoppers.

People appreciate it. Most don't even mention it, but the few that do make ya feel good.

Steve
05-06-2012, 11:17 PM
Welcome to our forum!

What a great introduction! Have you considered contacting the local newspaper and telling them your story? I bet they would write an article about you and that would bring you ALOT of work!