PDA

View Full Version : Gator mower blade

ease-z lawn care
05-05-2012, 12:05 PM
I know this may not be a big topic but im gonna ask anyway. I dont have a commercial grade mower yet but its not a piece of junk either. I was looking for mower blades and saw the gator multure blade and heard that it was a great blade. I would like to get the most out of this mower until i can upgrade. What do you all recommend and do you know if its worth spendin gthe 30 bucks on this blade?

SECTLANDSCAPING
05-05-2012, 12:18 PM
This has been discussed a lot. It really depends on the mower. Some say they only use them on leaves for fall clean ups. Others say they cut great.

Steve
05-06-2012, 11:48 PM
Would this be for general mowing purposes or for leaves and yard cleanups?

wandfsmall
05-07-2012, 09:31 AM
Sorry I did not reply to this earlier I missed it, the newer Gator G6 blades do a lot better then the older ones, but it all depends on the grass you are cutting. Most of my commercial cutters and a lot of my homeowners would not use anything else, but you also have a few that do not like them. Also you can get them for less then $30 a blade I have them on my website a lot less then that.

ease-z lawn care
05-07-2012, 09:45 AM
I suppose i am looking for a great blade for general mowing to make up for the fact that the mower is not a commerical grade. If the factory blade is as good as any i'll just keep it. Im looking for somthing that is going to pull the grass up and cut it up fine and pack it in the bag real good. Any advice on this.

wandfsmall
05-07-2012, 10:12 AM
I suppose i am looking for a great blade for general mowing to make up for the fact that the mower is not a commerical grade. If the factory blade is as good as any i'll just keep it. Im looking for somthing that is going to pull the grass up and cut it up fine and pack it in the bag real good. Any advice on this.

what kind of mower do you have this might help in this...

ease-z lawn care
05-07-2012, 10:49 AM
Ita a craftsman 6.6 self propeled. has bag or side discharge.

SECTLANDSCAPING
05-07-2012, 10:59 AM

you want high lift oregon blades.

ease-z lawn care
05-07-2012, 11:53 AM
Alright, Thank you!

wandfsmall
05-07-2012, 01:47 PM
you want to use high lift as the gator blades they use for push mowers are not that great. You might try gator blades though if you use your mower bag leaves in the fall though. and a high blade for a push should be less then $13

Steve
05-07-2012, 10:25 PM
you want to use high lift as the gator blades they use for push mowers are not that great.

Does that have to do with the physical size of the mower or maybe the engine's power?

ease-z lawn care
05-08-2012, 12:19 AM
the gator blades sure are heavy. I was at home depot today and found a nice high lift blade. After reading more about the blade for a push mower it sound like it may just be too heavy and it doesn't performe very well. I may give it a shot for the fall for leafs. Thanks for all your advice guys.

Steve
05-08-2012, 04:22 PM
Let us know how it works out for you and your mower.

op25ttfd
05-08-2012, 08:23 PM
Maybe you can help me out too. I have an Ariens Zoom 42" and could use some better blades for it. I have the mulching kit on it but not mulching blades and cant seem to find mulching blades for it. It is not the zoom xl and that is the only one I see that has mulching blades.

wandfsmall
05-08-2012, 09:11 PM
Maybe you can help me out too. I have an Ariens Zoom 42" and could use some better blades for it. I have the mulching kit on it but not mulching blades and cant seem to find mulching blades for it. It is not the zoom xl and that is the only one I see that has mulching blades.

That is one of the problems with residential equipment, not enough of a market for the specialty blades as most consumers just buy a blade and never look at options. I wish I could help you but if you have the 3 blade 42" zoom I do not currently know of any Gator blades or even fusion options.

op25ttfd
05-08-2012, 11:06 PM
Thanks anyway.