PDA

View Full Version : New Around Here

JesseN
05-05-2012, 11:21 AM
Hello every one,

My name is Jesse. I own a lawn care company in Baton Rouge, LA. I've been in business for several years and recently started moving my business online which is why I'm here right now. So far I've been quite successful with my website and hopefully it continues as I expand.

I look forward to talking to many of you.

ease-z lawn care
05-05-2012, 11:34 AM
Welcome! This sure is a great site. Alot of these fellas have very good advice. Good luck to you.

Steve
05-06-2012, 11:46 PM
Welcome to our forum!

and recently started moving my business online which is why I'm here right now

What got you to that point? Was there something that finally made you jump on it?

JesseN
05-07-2012, 01:17 PM
Welcome to our forum!

What got you to that point? Was there something that finally made you jump on it?
Well, a friend of mine actually pushed me to it. He developed a website for me and optimized it to the front page of Google and I pay him monthly to keep it up there.

The phone has been ringing off the hook over the last few months between my new referral program and the internet

Steve
05-07-2012, 10:21 PM
That is great! How do you keep track of which marketing method is working for you?

JesseN
05-08-2012, 10:36 AM
I ask how people hear about me from phone calls. However, for my website we use a different phone number through google voice so I can see all the calls that come through.

Steve
05-08-2012, 04:27 PM
That is a great idea! For the new business owners that aren't this advanced yet, can you explain to us what the benefit of using different phone numbers like that is?

JesseN
05-08-2012, 07:39 PM
That is a great idea! For the new business owners that aren't this advanced yet, can you explain to us what the benefit of using different phone numbers like that is?
Well, using a google number has enabled us to identify all of the calls that come from the website.
We track the incoming calls with the converted clients and calculate our conversion rate with our average revenue from a converted calls to calculate our price per call.

This helps us analyze marketing budgets and create a baseline to determine if a particular marketing venture is worth while. The internet, our referral program, and yard signs do well. Unfortunately I'm still locked into my yellow pages contract through September at $800/month that gets maybe 1 client a month.

We have toyed with service magic but haven't had a ton of luck with it in terms of ROI. Nothing from Angies List.

Steve
05-09-2012, 10:35 PM
You are really on the ball with all of this! Good job!