PDA

View Full Version : Being groomed by a pro

elninbo
04-29-2012, 08:14 AM
Hello all, great forum. Excited to be here. I'm currently working for a landscaping business and being groomed to become the foreman and eventually the boss. I feel lucky to be given a chance at this great opportunity.

We've been in business for over 30 years, I've been working off and on for about 5 years, started full time last May. This is my first spring working full time and I'm learning a bunch. Absolutely love it.

Made my first BIG mistake yesterday, spreading a crabgrass control when I thought it was fertilizer. We'll see if any of the seed actually germinates. :eek:

Anyway, like I said, I'm excited to be here and contribute to this already great forum.

CHEESE2009
04-29-2012, 01:50 PM
My ex used to groom me. I could never get those hairs that grew on my shoulders. She was great!

http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS5VR4XtdStsPluhVlL8cDDIqogNQzc4 8Xs8agB3rUesvi7UZ93NZMtihuIqQ

-

How come you haven't started your own company yet? Still trying to learn the biz?

Steve
04-30-2012, 08:05 AM
Welcome to our forum!

Made my first BIG mistake yesterday, spreading a crabgrass control when I thought it was fertilizer. We'll see if any of the seed actually germinates.

These things happen, but I am glad you pointed it out as you gotta watch out for things like this.

This is my first spring working full time and I'm learning a bunch.

With all your training and background, what lessons stand out that really helped get your new business launched?