PDA

View Full Version : Starting up in southern colorado... advice please.

cuttingedgepueblowest
04-26-2012, 10:08 PM
So im starting up here in southern colorado, i have a decent mower and about 7 years of lawn experience. except ive never gone door to door advertising and what not, just mowed many many lawns for relatives and friends.

if i could get some advice on what to and what not to put on my flyers, how i should distribute them, and how i should go about how much i charge, flat rates, hourly, or estimates. i already have a few ads on craigslist as well.

my two flyers will be attached as well, so please take a look.

if you guys want you can go to my facebook page i made for this, it has basically all my information so i dont have to repeat it on here.

www.facebook.com/cuttingedgepueblowest

thanks, im planning on starting up tomorrow, so quick replys would be nice :)

Steve
04-27-2012, 09:20 PM
Welcome to our forum!

except ive never gone door to door advertising and what not, just mowed many many lawns for relatives and friends.

Can you ask your friends and family for referrals?

Also, can you put the flyers in the neighboring houses of those you currently mow? That might be a good way to expand your route.

Have you checked out my lawn care business blog, especially the part on going door-to-door (http://lawnchat.com/category/lawncaremarketing/door-to-door)? There are a lot of articles and tips in there.

Keep us posted on how all that works out.