PDA

View Full Version : Cheap trimmer on sale

SECTLANDSCAPING
04-26-2012, 08:32 PM
I just seen this hitachi trimmer on sale at home depot. I never used any hitachi product besides a drill. So I wont vouch for it. I read its a rebadged Tanaka. The warranty does look good. For the money it might be a good deal.

Hitachi 23.9 cc Straight Shaft Trimmer with S-Start
$159.99 /EA-Each
http://www.homedepot.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?cm_mmc=CJ-_-1225267-_-10368321&storeId=10051&productId=202825763&langId=-1&AID=10368321&PID=1225267&SID=OdJPwpAKEeGOTx40xRvYTAd430f&cj=true

23.9 cc Heavy-Duty commercial grade engine provides excellent performance and durability
Honeycomb Design Outer engine housing provides added engine protection for maximum durability
Anti-Vibration System provides maximum comfort to get more done with less fatigue
Extra long 60 in. Solid steel drive shaft for maximum cutting performance and extended reach
Professional grade dual-line trimmer Head holds 25 ft. of line for more productivity
Lightweight & well-balanced for ease of use and maneuverability
Protective cover shields the fuel tank from wear and tear
An extra large fuel tank results in extended use
Industry leading warranty- 7-year consumer, 2-year commercial, 1-year rental
CARB compliant

Apex Lawn & Landscape
04-26-2012, 08:51 PM
I might grab one of these for a back up...great warranty,

SECTLANDSCAPING
04-26-2012, 08:57 PM
I might grab one of these for a back up...great warranty,

I was thinking the same thing and I just bought a stihl and a redmax but I cant pass up deals. I see it priced at a $100 plus everywhere else. Big Box stores usually dont ask questions with returns. We might be able to get the 7 yr warranty.

Apex Lawn & Landscape
04-26-2012, 09:18 PM
the only thing that might stop me is that the trimmer head looks a little chinsy... and the specs say its 18lbs compared to my current 13lb woo weeee, big guns by the end of the season.

lawnman3fl
04-27-2012, 06:22 AM
i buy 1 per year and have my old one for a back up thats just how i do things save a little here and there and it amounts to alot more in a years time... just my opp..

lawnman3 fl..:cool::cool::cool:

wandfsmall
04-27-2012, 08:23 AM
I was thinking the same thing and I just bought a stihl and a redmax but I cant pass up deals. I see it priced at a $100 plus everywhere else. Big Box stores usually dont ask questions with returns. We might be able to get the 7 yr warranty.

Big box stores do not do the warranty, you might not even be able to find anyone that can do the warranty making the warranty worthless. Try to find the closest service center for it before you buy. Also when I looked at it they have it listed at $279.99 I wonder if that was a mistake on the site.

Steve
04-27-2012, 08:34 PM
Big box stores do not do the warranty

Would they just replace the item and then take care of the service and resell it themselves?

wandfsmall
04-27-2012, 10:07 PM
Would they just replace the item and then take care of the service and resell it themselves?

No they will tell you to take it to your dealer. We see all kinds of stuff they tell a customer that is covered from bent shafts to bad gas in the mower.

SECTLANDSCAPING
04-27-2012, 11:48 PM
deal is dead now. I still think its a good deal. Chances are with the warranty it has it would withstand 2 yrs abuse anyway. The price it is now I wouldnt touch it.