PDA

View Full Version : Echo Bed redefiner!!

wihoyt
04-25-2012, 01:15 PM
Yesterday I had a ton of beds I needed to redefine and some that I needed to cut in. So I went to my local rental store and asked for a bed edger. I thought I was getting the big bed edger that cuts in plastic edging. They didnt have that all they had was the Echo redefiner. I wanted to buy one so i thought what a great chance for me to try before I buy. I was a bit worried I was wasting my time. I had trouble at first and almost took it back bc I was pulling it backwards as I thought that was the direction to go. It kept pluggin up and going very slow. So I tried going forward and like magic that little head started ripping through everything like it was butter. I was amazed at how well the thing worked and is the perfect tool for recutting old beds and even cutting new beds. I did about 1200' of existing beds and 90' of new beds cut into existing sod. I rented it for a total of 4 hours and had it back in time. Is it worth the $500 to buy one? absolutly if you have alot of beds that need edging every year. Oh and as a Side note I messed up on. If you get the Echo PAS it has to be a 280 Model to run it. I got a little 225 and it isnt powerful enough

Steve
04-25-2012, 04:54 PM
That is great! Take some pictures! I'd love to see your edging and how the tool works.