PDA

View Full Version : Pawn shop shopping

bluebird
04-25-2012, 01:14 PM
I always see weedeaters at pawnshops.
high quality ones. anyone buy stuff here?

Cashin H&P
04-25-2012, 01:33 PM
I always see weedeaters at pawnshops.
high quality ones. anyone buy stuff here?

Probably stolen from another landscaper who left them unlocked in a rack haha

Steve
04-25-2012, 04:55 PM
I guess you never know. One day you should stop in and check them out to see if they are any good. Some might be commercial

mark123
04-25-2012, 06:59 PM
Here's my latest pawn shop buy:
http://images.imaginekitty.com/Surfcaster.jpg

:D

CS-LawnService
04-26-2012, 04:19 AM
i buy hand tools from there ,got a tool back full of sockets and wrenches the other day for 70 usd was a lot of craftsman and snapon tools in it .

wandfsmall
04-26-2012, 10:17 AM
i buy hand tools from there ,got a tool back full of sockets and wrenches the other day for 70 usd was a lot of craftsman and snapon tools in it .

just remember to check it out before you buy, a pawn shop is a nice place to get a little cash out of a worn out 2cycle as the guy behind the counter does not likely know how to tell.

SECTLANDSCAPING
04-26-2012, 05:23 PM
The pawnshops around me are ripoffs. They sell beat up equipment for 10-15% off retail. Some stuff actually cost more if your a good shopper.

There is one in a small town a bit out of my ways that has cheap stuff.

As far as quality. Its usually beat, missing parts, or partially not working. I bought 2 pressure washers that had shot pumps.

I thought of starting a tool consignment shop. I do a lot of estate and auction shopping. I find good deals on stuff I dont need all the time. So this way I could flip it.

Steve
04-26-2012, 08:05 PM
The pawnshops around me are ripoffs. They sell beat up equipment for 10-15% off retail.

I have seen the same thing! I tend to feel for tools and such, you get better deals from private sellers.

CHEESE2009
04-26-2012, 08:14 PM
Back in my day, when I found a lot of jewelry, I had made a few thousands out of the pawn shops.

They come in handy.

monoshock
04-27-2012, 12:26 PM
I don't buy from pawn shops, I just can't support peoples drug use. :(

CHEESE2009
04-27-2012, 03:35 PM
I don't buy from pawn shops, I just can't support peoples drug use. :(

It seems like a great way for drug dealers to launder money!

monoshock
04-28-2012, 05:05 AM
It seems like a great way for drug dealers to launder money!Yep, every pawn shop should have a big sign out front that says "We pay top dollar for stolen items" sad but true. :(

lawnman3fl
04-28-2012, 05:28 AM
Yep, every pawn shop should have a big sign out front that says "We pay top dollar for stolen items" sad but true. :(

the pawn shops are not to blame its the sellers that have the drug problems...

none the less i bought my current w/b from my local pawn shop and saved enough to buy a good used truck with my current trade in without a penny down or any out of pocket cash ..

i guess to each there own on the pawn shop deals...

lawnman3 fl...:cool::cool::cool:

mark123
04-28-2012, 07:58 AM
You can't sell or pawn an item to a pawn shop without photo ID. They have to keep records of every sale. If you've had something stolen, hit the pawn shops for recent transactions.

SECTLANDSCAPING
04-28-2012, 10:29 AM
You can't sell or pawn an item to a pawn shop without photo ID. They have to keep records of every sale. If you've had something stolen, hit the pawn shops for recent transactions.

This is true. The shops also keep track of the serial numbers and report them to police. If something comes up stolen the police take it.

This is one of the reasons I have the serial numbers of all my equipment.

Now for something thats untraceable there called antique shops. They will buy all the same valuables but without the oversight. One of the owners around here was busted after informing people who to rob for good stuff.