PDA

View Full Version : Hello my brother and sister lawnmowers!

oldworldmower
04-24-2012, 09:14 PM
Hello,

I am a lucky lawnmower hiding out in the east coast and biding my time. I have owned and operated a wonderful and adventurous lawn mowing and landscape business servicing the modest lawns of my fellow lower-midddle class proletariats for six seasons now. I am twenty four. I am most interested in the nuances of efficient labor and the wonders of self managed entrepreneurial endeavors. Here are a few interesting facts about my business:

I never bought a truck and have pushed my lawnmower loaded with lawn care paraphernalia on routes up to a mile from my equipment storage basement.

A bunch of my lawns are on my moms block, like 22 small lawns. I mow them all, edge them all, and clean them up as one giant yard.

This season almost all of my 90 residential or so lawns are within a five block radius. Who needs a truck?

I have been told to buy a truck by other lawnmowers driving by in trucks who I would bet make less money per hour worked than me.

I barely advertise, but I am serious about making all lawns look beautiful, and that has has attracted good customers and good people.

While I work I listen to audiobooks and podcasts about philosophy, free-market economics, atheism, psychology, parenting, history, and whatever else I feel like. Nothing is better then the zen-state of active, productive, thoughtless physical movement and a mental stream of intellectually stimulating information. I listened to a nine hour audiobook today and my wallet is stuffed with cash, albeit most of it is in one dollar bills ;). Satisfactory.

I have made a trillion hilarious mistakes whiles running this business and will now doubt make a trillion more, especially when trying to fix my equipment.

I really need to reorganize my records and client information! The primary reason I'm writing this is to procrastinate on that task few...more....seconds...

Thanks for reading!

oldworldmower

Sprinkler Buddy
04-25-2012, 06:55 AM
Welcome to the forum. Interesting read. lol

Von Bobbeh
04-25-2012, 01:45 PM
wow! I used to push my mower to 5 houses within walking distance, but 90? hot damn I think you really got the market cornered in your location! bravo!

Steve
04-25-2012, 05:52 PM
Welcome to our forum!

I have made a trillion hilarious mistakes whiles running this business and will now doubt make a trillion more, especially when trying to fix my equipment.

Do you have a top 5 of the biggest mistakes made that others should be wary of?