PDA

View Full Version : Rain Days

Al Kessinger
04-20-2012, 11:47 AM
This morning lawn crews all over the country loaded up and headed out in the world to mow grass. However this morning I woke up to the sounds of rain and thunder outside. Nothing like looking out the window and watching your profit margin Slipping away. Another weekend of work for me providing it doesnt rain all weekend like they say its going too.

stevef1201
04-20-2012, 01:32 PM
This morning lawn crews all over the country loaded up and headed out in the world to mow grass. However this morning I woke up to the sounds of rain and thunder outside. Nothing like looking out the window and watching your profit margin Slipping away. Another weekend of work for me providing it doesnt rain all weekend like they say its going too.

I also have rain problems but I got out and run my route each day, sometimes it is raining on one yard but not another, I will sometimes go back to cut a lwn in the afternoon that I skipped in the morning. I only have acouple of yard that have to rally be dry to mow. so I work every day, sometimes doing tomarrow yards, sometines doing yesturday lawns. I never have a problem of profit slipping away.

Apex Lawn & Landscape
04-20-2012, 06:32 PM
Makes for good equipment maintenance days

Hedgemaster
04-20-2012, 07:02 PM
Rain days are better than "truck in the repair shop" days.

Much less stressful.

Martywdx
04-20-2012, 07:18 PM
Rain does make the grass grow!
If you want to see profits slip look at dryness.
Last year Aug and Sept. sucked with no moister.
And winter snow removal was almost none.
I hoping for timely rains this spring

stevef1201
04-21-2012, 01:36 PM
IT RAINED YESTERDAY, TODAY, AND SUPPOSED TO RAIN TOMMARROW!
Thank God for the rain, I have 6 yards that on an as needed vasis, and this rain (first in 5 weeks) will make me money this week

mark123
04-21-2012, 09:15 PM
Rain does make the grass grow!
If you want to see profits slip look at dryness.
Last year Aug and Sept. sucked with no moister.
And winter snow removal was almost none.
I hoping for timely rains this spring
Absolutely. Today's all day rain is quite a blessing. I was going to fertilize but I'm much happier and I can shift it to Monday.

Hedgemaster
04-21-2012, 09:45 PM
Absolutely. Today's all day rain is quite a blessing. I was going to fertilize but I'm much happier and I can shift it to Monday.

And Monday's SNOW should be a Godsend.

LOL! What a crazy spring!

mark123
04-21-2012, 09:48 PM
And Monday's SNOW should be a Godsend.

LOL! What a crazy spring!

Guess I'll shift fertilizing to next Saturday. :p