PDA

View Full Version : new to site, new to business

niko b
04-20-2012, 12:29 PM
Hi everyone. i'm new on this site, and i'm planning on starting a lawn care business later this summer. i've noticed about 5 or 6 different crews in my neighborhood and it got me thinking... and since i'm not all that happy at my current job, why not go for it. i'm waiting til end of summer for a few reasons: do my homework on the trade, stockpile some equipment and cash, and hope by end of summer i can pick up some customers who were dissatisfied with their current lawn care co, or tired of doing it themselves, or the kids went back to school, also leaf season. this site has alot of great info and i have enjoyed all the tips and things discussed here.

Al Kessinger
04-20-2012, 12:51 PM
welcome to the forum there is loads of information on this site

Steve
04-20-2012, 06:47 PM
Welcome to our forum!

Do you maintain your own lawn now? Could you look into mowing your friends, family's or neighbors lawn with the same equipment to get your feet wet with all this?

sunsetlandscaping
04-20-2012, 09:07 PM
also leaf season. this site has alot of great info and i have enjoyed all the tips and things discussed here.

Leaf season is always in season where I am at. I live in a tourist trap where people have property but no lawns, because leaves cover it up for about 75% of the year. So I am look to invest into some vacuums in a little while. I barely even cut any grass. I am lucky I have landscaping in my name.