PDA

View Full Version : Some help buying work gloves

bluebird
04-20-2012, 10:01 AM
Before I waste money , I figured I would ask..
If you wear work gloves , which ones.
I was looking at buying the MECHANIX brand.
But they dont have rubber for anti vibration .some days i get tingling sensations in my hands from vibrations of equip.
thanks

Al Kessinger
04-20-2012, 11:57 AM
I wear the snap-on gloves you can buy a autozone. nice gloves the allow your hands to breathe and there impact rated so they absorb the vibration of your trimmers. Plus for some reason there cheaper at autozone then on the snapon truck. figure that one out.

Steve
04-20-2012, 05:52 PM
I do wonder if the gloves help at all with the trauma that can be produced through all the vibrating.

Maybe thicker gloves would help with that?

Al Kessinger
04-20-2012, 06:07 PM
I do wonder if the gloves help at all with the trauma that can be produced through all the vibrating.

Maybe thicker gloves would help with that?

The impact rated gloves are just for that. Mechanics wear them when there using Air tools like impacts air drills and so on. I wear them everytime i weedeat i wear them and believe me they work...

bluebird
04-20-2012, 07:54 PM
Thanks Al.
i m going to look at the Snap On ones at autozone.

Hedgemaster
04-20-2012, 08:01 PM
Do they make them for girls?

Hedgemaster haz gurlhandz and is often found wearing brightly colored, or "flowered" gloves because those are the ones that FIT. :D LOL!

I have to say that there are more brands on the market now in smaller sizes than there were years ago, so not all of my gloves are "women's".
Anti-vibration would be nice. For general trimming, I'm OK, but when I'm running it for more than 20 minutes straight, I start getting the tingly fingers.